Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to server - Game Center

Hi,

I'm having trouble logging into my Game Center, it comes back with an error messsage:

"Unable to connect to server - The requested operation could not be completed due to an error communicating with the server."

iPhone 4S

iOS 8.1.1

Anyone who can help? I've tried soft reseting the phone, signing out & in on iCloud but still same problem. I'm still hesitant to go for a restore.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 11:51 AM

Hi PHMLNY,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Game Center on your iPhone. If you continue to have issues logging in, along with a server communication error, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: Troubleshooting sign in issues - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2014 11:51 AM in response to PHMLNY

Hi PHMLNY,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Game Center on your iPhone. If you continue to have issues logging in, along with a server communication error, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: Troubleshooting sign in issues - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Dec 6, 2014 8:44 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi brenden dv,

Thank you for your suggestion but I've tried these before, infact almost every suggested solution now and none help, I still have a problem. 😟

My internet connection is working fine, my time zone is fine, I can connect everywhere, i can browse on safari, connect to my iCloud but not Game Center.

I've checked the system status and GC is up.

I've tried soft and hard resetting the phone settings and network settings; signing out & in on iCloud but still same problem.

I've reset my Apple ID password. (I only have 1 Apple ID and 1 device)

I have even now restored my iPhone but still, i don't know why i'm having this problem. This has been a problem for the past 3 days now.

Mar 11, 2015 5:08 AM in response to rodrigoluizscs

The server is down - Apple shows it as running and if you are logged in you can connect - HOWEVER you cannot access any friends or games in the game centre itself. The wonderfully useless support experts on these forums never admit apple is the issue. I tested the game centre issue on multiple devices and different internet connections all with the same result. THE SERVER IS DOWN

Jul 20, 2015 12:38 AM in response to PHMLNY

I'm having the same issue, did anyone fix theirs?

if I do not enter my credentials and dismiss the game center login view nothing happens
if I enter credentials incorrectly the game center is telling me either username or password is incorrect - THUS the connection is all right!
if I enter credentials correctly the error alert pops up "Could not connect to the game center server" and the game center login view remains. But if i click 'Cancel' at the upper left corner of the login view it disappears AND the 'Welcome Back' message appears at the top! just WDF?!

Unable to connect to server - Game Center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.