Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMac will not load internnet sites despite it having all green lights on the Network Diagnostics screen. In other words there is a valid internet signal going into the iMac, but the machine will not load sites. Help? iOS 10.9.5

iMac will not load internet sites, despite having all green lights (strong WiFi signal etc) on the Network Diagnostics screen. in other words there is a strong

internet wifi signal going into the iMac but the machine does not connect to the internet. I OS 10.9.5. Other devices work fine with the same internet signal.

iMac, i OS X 10.9.5

Posted on Dec 5, 2014 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 10:17 AM

iOS 10.9.5 does not exist.

iOS refers to the operating system on iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch.

10.9.5 was never a version of a Classic operating system.

10.9.5 was a version of Mac OS X, and is 13 years newer than Classic.

Here are reasons for WiFi signal to fail even when they appear to be strong:

Most common Wifi issues

Your Mac may be too close to your WiFi router, in which case, it might be better to connect to it via an ethernet cable if it can't be moved.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2014 10:17 AM in response to Jon6666

iOS 10.9.5 does not exist.

iOS refers to the operating system on iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch.

10.9.5 was never a version of a Classic operating system.

10.9.5 was a version of Mac OS X, and is 13 years newer than Classic.

Here are reasons for WiFi signal to fail even when they appear to be strong:

Most common Wifi issues

Your Mac may be too close to your WiFi router, in which case, it might be better to connect to it via an ethernet cable if it can't be moved.

Dec 8, 2014 8:09 AM in response to a brody

Thanks very much for your reply to my problem. This didn't solve the issue, but a conversation with Comcast did help reset the modem which restored the wifi capability temporarily. It later stopped loading pages again so I connected an ethernet cable and am in business. I still haven't identified the problem source. I suspect either an interference with another device (a Smart TV?) or a modem setting that prevents wifi communication between the modem and the computer. BTW, mobile devices such as iPads and iPhones work with the wifi signal just fine.

IMac will not load internnet sites despite it having all green lights on the Network Diagnostics screen. In other words there is a valid internet signal going into the iMac, but the machine will not load sites. Help? iOS 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.