Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Ipad telling me a message has been delivered but my Iphone is not?

I sent an Imessage. Both my Iphone and my Ipad are connected to my apple ID. When I send a message to one particular number, I get a delivered message at the bottom of the text on my Ipad, but my Iphone shows the message with nothing underneath it?

Is the message delivered or not? And why is are both devices telling me different things for the same message?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2014 10:51 AM

1 reply

Dec 7, 2014 8:56 AM in response to SophAliceCus

Hey there SophAliceCus,

If I understand correctly you are seeing in Messages that your, well, messages are being sent, but the receiving party does not actually get them. I would recommend these troubleshooting steps from the following article:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

1. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  2. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact in the Contacts app. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Why is my Ipad telling me a message has been delivered but my Iphone is not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.