Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a setting to disable power button hang up?

I sometime talk in bed or am busy cooking and doing chore and dont want to wear my earbuds every time I want to lock the screen on my phone. Is there any setting I can use or find that allows me to disable this annoying feature that hangs up my phone when I am in a normal non speaker and non headset call?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2014 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2017 7:42 AM

I strongly agree... apple tent to get worse with ever new silly feature. No major help since 10 years ago but new annoying features that we can not reverse. It's smart of apple if it gives the option to the customer.

Another ailly thing no true IT or customer service replies ..most are guests or volunteers.. which is cheap and sick on the behalf of apple.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2017 7:42 AM in response to Ananokimi

I strongly agree... apple tent to get worse with ever new silly feature. No major help since 10 years ago but new annoying features that we can not reverse. It's smart of apple if it gives the option to the customer.

Another ailly thing no true IT or customer service replies ..most are guests or volunteers.. which is cheap and sick on the behalf of apple.

Oct 11, 2017 9:02 PM in response to Ananokimi

I have found that if you put the call on speaker, pressing the power button won’t hang up the call which will solve your problem when youre not holding the phone to your ear. If you are holding the phone to your ear, then of course the phone will sense that you are talking on it and it will go to sleep automatically. I hope this helps although in the future, I would also like for apple to make this feature optional to disable.

Dec 6, 2014 8:41 PM in response to KiltedTim

I don't always have the phone right up against my face and as such the proximity sensor doesn't sense a thing. Leaving the phone on in my pocket or on my shoulder wastes more battery coupled with the phone obtaining signal. I just want a way where I don't have to use my headset (A headphone headset) to lock the screen when I need to.

Personally I already explained why. Phone isn't always glued to my face, sensor doesn't activate unless phone is glued to face, as such buttons I don't want pressed are pressed, its a pain in the butt, I would like a fix for this or a method of disabling this. Now if you need me to explain it anymore than this please let me know. I can explain it simpler for those who still don't get it, or elaborate more for those who are confused. All in all, I dislike this feature and would like to know if there will ever be a way to disable it, or is this another thing I get to add to the list of annoying features apple seems to have.

Dec 12, 2014 10:36 AM in response to KiltedTim

No it is just you're answer was not helpful. If anyone knows a real answer to this issue as to whether there is any way to disable it, or if apple support knows if there is any future planned feature where this can be disabled for those who do not wish to have this annoying feature on their phones. It is not a useful feature and really if it will be included at least offer a feature to disable it. If any actual Apple staff could respond to this it would be great.

Is there a setting to disable power button hang up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.