Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a LINE account on my iPad?

I'm in Taiwan and I want to create a new LINE account.But I can' do that because I have no smartphone and I've never had an account before.Is there any way to let me have a new account without smartphone?

iPad 2, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2014 2:26 PM

There is a line app in the USA app store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/line-for-ipad/id913855602?mt=8

Robert

7 replies

Jul 24, 2015 9:12 PM in response to WangH

Too save time for everyone, some clarification. Need a phone to create a Line account. Download the app on your phone, set everything up, and then go to more>settings and create username and password. Then enter that username and password into Line app on the iPad.

I used this to do multiplayer on Monster Strike for iPad, where you need a iPad Line invite.

Feb 3, 2016 5:40 AM in response to ObjectiviTea

I Hate LINE for many reasons, but unfortunately many of my friends in Asia use it. I'm in Thailand right now, and very aggravated. LINE won't let me sign in on the iPad I Always use. It tells me, falsely, that I'm on a new iPad and must log in using my smartphone. I have no reason to have my Smartphone here as I had no plan to use it. So I'm stuck, and can't get in touch with a number of my LINE friends. The search option has never worked well, and even though my partner is using LINE, the search doesn't work. I wish everyone in Asia would stop using this terrible program!

Jun 15, 2016 9:46 PM in response to WangH

Line can be extremely useful if you can get it set up but customer support is atrocious. I'm convinced they are using some automated response system because their responses repeatedly ignore what I typed.

I Initially downloaded the iPhone version of the app on my iPad before I had a smart phone but I could receive the SMS text for confirmation BUT it was a pain to use on iPad. Still I needed it for some online gaming communities. Later I got an iPhone and thought I could use the same account on both. They probably need better translations to English as the descriptions seem to suggest that you can use the same account info to log in on two mobile devices yet their are now many disclaimers stating that you can not and that your previous account on another device will be deleted if you do so.

So I lost my first account, all contacts and communities. Somehow I was able to get seperate accounts on both devices and started over but the Line app on my iPhone literally froze on a group chat. It would not update the chat past that point and would not refresh even after updating the app so I had to delete it and reinstall it. If you do this and sign in with your previous iPhone account info it also deletes everything even on the same device! Two accounts both with sticker purchases lost and could not get any help from Line support to restore old iPhone account. The app would load but reject my login ID and password so I just did without the iPhone version for a while

Got a new iPhone 6+ and was having to upload pics from my phone to my Google Drive and then download to my iPad to share pics which got to be pain so I just decided to start over with a new iPhone account but first I checked which of my two email addresses was listed iPad account to ensure I did not use that one when I registered a new iPhone Line account. I did notice that my cell phone number was also associated with my iPad account at that time. Guess what? Despite meticulously verifying that I used my other email address when I created a new iPhone Line account with the other email it still deleted my iPad account which had the most sticker purchases on it and again I lost all contacts and group chat history along with access to those.

I have sent two support tickets into Line since my first one in which their first response gave me instruction on a way to restore purchases on my iPad after creating a new account however Line will not let me create a new account on my iPad and I can't follow their instruction without successfully creating a new account on my iPad to restore my purchases. Classic catch 22. To create a new account on my iPad Line wants me to enter my cell phone number which according to their disclaimers would delete my new iPhone account that I just regained most of my contacts and chatrooms. If I can keep the iPhone account I now have AND get a new iPad account registered I can invite my iPad account to all those rooms and contacts easily enough myself.

The other option is to link my iPad account to Facebook for verification. Sorry but no I did that once for Fish Labs GOFA for some free credits after which everytime I opened the GOFA Safari opened up redirecting me to log into my FB account. By time I completed that which was annoying enough the GOFA app timed out connecting to the servers. I spent months trying to resolve that as both Fish Labs and FB denied any responsibility for this behavior and the Apple Store found no malware so my only solution was to disable Safari. I mostly use Chrome anyway but every link in an email or on Line I wanted to open I now had to copy and paste into Chrome to open. I will never again link any third party app to my FB account.

Despite sending two follow up support tickets to Line explaining that Line will not let me create a new account on my iPad they repeatidly refer to their previous instruction on how to request restoring my sticker purchases from within the app. If I could reach Line "Support" in person in Japan I would be about ready to strangle someone. Even on the iPhone 6+ my big clumsy fingers type more wrong letters than right ones so I rely on my iPad with Blutooth keyboard for 90% of Line interactions but I still want more mobile access from my phone and the ability to share pics direct from my phone.

Grrrrrr

Jun 15, 2016 11:16 PM in response to ObjectiviTea

Be forewarned that following the above instructions will instantly delete you iPhone Line app account the moment you log in on your iPad with the same user ID, email and password. Although you will be logged into a new Line account on your iPad at this point you will immediately lose all contacts, chatroom memberships/access/history and all sticker purchases.

In many instances Line makes it sound like you can use same account on both devices but they have obviously cause a great deal of confusion and customer dissatisfaction based on all the disclaimers posted now warning you that any any existing account on one device will be deleted if you set it up on another device. It would be nice if they clarified the misleading statements as well that seem to contradict this but I think the confusion is due to poor or ambiguous translations into English.

*The PC version is an exception however as you can opt to allow PC access to your iPhone or iPad account from your mobile device and use same log in info from the chosen account.

At one time I had a seperate account on my iPhone and iPad but lost my 1st Line account on my iPad when trying to set up an account on my iPhone after getting first iPhone. Got both accounts working but lost all sticker purchases, contacts, chat history and chatroom access. I had to use other game apps to get invites back to rooms and add friends again on one device and then could add everything back by inviting myself via the other account to join. iPhone app literally froze on one screen and after a month of trying to resolve it, installing one update and getting no help from Line support I was forced to delete and reinstall app but could not log in again with iPhone log in info. Another wasted month of trying to get Line support to regain my access to my account but they seemed to think I was not the original owner since it woulnd't accept my password. Gave up on the iPhone account for a year until getting new iPhone 6 and wanted to be able to share pics directly from phone so I created a new account using separate email address from the one displayed on my iPad account specifically to avoid losing my iPad account yet again wich I used 90% of the time and had the most sticker purchases on it.

Still frickin Line deleted my iPad account even when I used a different email address apparantly because I had the iPhone version on my iPad before I had a smart phone and before an iPad version came out and used my phone number as required to verify my account. Line sent instruction on how to request restoration of purchases on my iPad account except those instructions require I enter my cell phone number for verification which would delete the iPhone account I just now got access to most of my friends and previous rooms. This would delete my current and recently set up iPhone account. There is a Facebook verifcation option and while my current iPhone account is NOT linked to my FB account I get a warning that my FB account is associated with an existing account on another device and that account will be deleted if I use the FB verification..... My iPad device has not changed. So I can't use my phone number or my FB account for verification purposes to create yet another new account on my iPad without risking losing the iPhone account and I can't restore my purchases on my iPad without being able to create and log into a new account on my iPad. Line support just keeps referring to and restating their previous responses ignoring the fact that I can not create a new account on my iPad currently and ignores my request for instruction on how to create a new account so I can follow their requested instructions.....

Jun 20, 2016 5:13 PM in response to Scooter B

I recently just tried to log into the Line ap on my Macbook. It wouldn't let me and told me I had the wrong email and/or password. After mistakenly thinking that I had my password wrong and changing it a couple of times, I gave up trying to log in and went to googling the issue. That's how I discovered this thread.

Essentially, the consensus is that there is absolutely no way to have a Line iPhone account and access the same account from another Apple device - correct?

I used to live in Thailand and wanted to stay in touch easily with Line on more than just my iPhone.

How to create a LINE account on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.