Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Top charts" and "Categories"

When clicking the "Top charts" and "Categories" tabs in App Store, nothing happens. Just a white screen, and no "loading" thingie in the left-hand corner. Restarted, installed updates, still nothing. My Time Machine is not configured, therefore I am unable to go back to an older backup or whatever. I bought my MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) in March 2014. It had Mavericks on it and I am not sure, but I think these tabs worked then. Now, I have Yosemite and obviously, something is wrong. Please help 😟

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 4:48 AM

2 replies

Dec 6, 2014 3:02 PM in response to pawel.wasyl

Test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved. Back up all data before making any changes.

Step 1

Log out or restart the computer.

Step 2

Remove or disable "LittleSnitch" or any similar third-party software that blocks outgoing network connections according to the developer's instructions.

Step 3

Start up in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to start up and run than normal, with limited graphics performance, and some things won’t work at all, including sound output and Wi-Fi on certain models. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually login automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

After testing, restart as usual (not in safe mode.)

Step 4

If possible, connect to a different network and test.

Step 5

There are reports that resetting the PRAM may solve the problem in some cases. I can't confirm.

Feb 25, 2015 4:04 PM in response to Linc Davis

Linc you seem to know about this stuff so hoping you can help me.

I am running a Macbook Pro (late 2011) 10.10.2 Yosemite.

My app store will load the featured page fine, and the updates, but not the others and the search function doesn't work. On another thread with similar issues you outlined a step by step process involve console. I did all that but after I cleared the log and reloaded the app store and tired to open Top Charts (which still didn't work), no new log activity appear for me to copy to the thread.

I don't know if it's related or not, but I also have a glitch currently in iTunes. Every time I open iTunes a window opens asking me to enter my apple ID password to 'login for automatic downloads'. When I have entered my password (login id is already there) and click ok, it disappears for less than a second and then reappears with the password text box blank again... so I just close it and ignore it every time I open iTunes now.

Any thoughts? I'm not great with the inner workings of computers, but I can follow instructions fine 🙂

"Top charts" and "Categories"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.