Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not finding bluetooth speaker

i got a sony bluetooth speaker (srs-x3) over the summer. i have an iphone 5. my iphone found and connected to the bluetooth fine for about a month. i went on a vacation for about a week, and when i got back it wouldnt work. when i say it wouldnt work i mean, when i turn on bluetooth, it never finds the sony srs-x3. i can connect to cars, other bluetooth speakers, anything else. i reset my phone, went outside with it, reset the speaker, UPDATED the phone. ive tried everything. i really dont know what going on, and id like to find out since the speaker was EXPENSIVE and i only got a month out of it. other people can use the speaker as well.. so i dont know. please help. thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 11:19 AM

9 replies

Jun 7, 2015 3:43 PM in response to gwenjo

I had the same problem, but when my macbook was finding the connection, I push the pairing button of my SRS-X3 speaker AGAIN, and boom, it appears on my mac bluetooth connections. I click pairing on the mac and it sounds perfect! 🙂

I hope this is so simple to you than it was with me.

If it doesn't work, try push the reset button of the speaker.

I am sorry if my english is not very good, but thats not my language.

Regards and good luck.

Sep 2, 2015 4:51 PM in response to Jason L

Had the same problem here, could not connect any apple devices to the Sony SRS-X3 speaker. This includes one MacBook (Yosemite 10.10.5), one iPhone 6 Plus(iOS 8.4.1), one iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1.2).

While the phone is working perfectly with two Nexus 5. Must say this is a shame 😮

BTW, have tried all the 'tips' in the article recommended.

Sep 17, 2015 9:29 AM in response to brahmasky

This is what did it for me. Here is the line from the sony troubleshooting guide:

With the speaker turned on, while holding the VOL (volume) - button, press and hold the (power) button for 5 seconds, so as to turn the speaker off. The speaker is initialized. Settings such as volume, etc., are restored to the factory default settings, and all pairing information is deleted.

I think if it was connected with something else before, in my case it was iPhone, it just not broadcasting until gets initialized.

Sep 23, 2015 10:54 PM in response to brahmasky

Hi there, I had the same problem with the Sony SRS-X11 Bluetooth speak but the following solved it:

1) I turned off the bluetooth on my Macbook Pro

2) Held the power button on the speaker until its operating led started flashing quickly

3) Turned the bluetooth on my Mac on again, and after a couple of seconds the Mac 'saw' the speaker and I was able to connect/pair.

Not sure this helps, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Marco :-)

not finding bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.