Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PICTURES ARE ROTATED WHEN i DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY pc

This just started happening. When I download pictures from my Iphone 5 to my Dell PC desktop, the pictures are all rotated 90 degrees. This never happened in the past. How do I fix this?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 9:02 PM

Thanks, but that is not the solution I want. I know how to do that. The point is that for a few years it's been working fine. Now suddenly it's not. And I see lots of other people complaining about this similar problem with Apple. Why can't Apple fix the problem they created and not waste my time? It's now a great annoyance to download pics from my Iphone. A good reason to make my next phone a Samsung. 🙂

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2014 9:02 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks, but that is not the solution I want. I know how to do that. The point is that for a few years it's been working fine. Now suddenly it's not. And I see lots of other people complaining about this similar problem with Apple. Why can't Apple fix the problem they created and not waste my time? It's now a great annoyance to download pics from my Iphone. A good reason to make my next phone a Samsung. 🙂

Dec 6, 2014 9:36 PM in response to Lester1436

If this happens on Windows systems it is because the Windows Photo Viewer and Live Photo Gallery may ignore the EXIF orientation of the photos. This data tells the viewer which way is up.

This is a Windows problem NOT an Apple problem. See here for discussion and details from Microsoft on how this may be fixed on Windows:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/windows-phot o-viewer-or-live-photo-gallery-does/a161c8da-c1ce-4347-a92e-724f9e535c15

You can also avoid this problem by taking photos in landscape mode with the iPhone/iPad held with the Home button to the right. In portrait mode keep the Home button down.

PICTURES ARE ROTATED WHEN i DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.