Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 not sending messages to some contacts?

Iphone 6 will not send text messages to some of my contacts. It will say ENABLE iMESSAGE TO SEND THIS MESSAGE... But iMessage IS enabled and I'm trying to text someone who doesn't have an iPhone anyway. SMS MMS is on. I just updated the software in case that was the issue, but that didn't help.

help would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 1:10 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2014 6:33 AM in response to MeenaVee

Hey there MeenaVee,

If you are still unable to send to some of your contacts, use these troubleshooting steps from the following article to help get that resolved:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

1. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  2. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact in the Contacts app. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

iPhone 6 not sending messages to some contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.