Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture doesn't recognize all the images on my CF card

For about a week now every time I try to upload a card in the normal way aperture only sees a small portion of the images. the number varies and I can stop the import and start it over and a different number of images may be selected.

Also, those images selected for import are in a random order on the screen.

To make things work I'm uploading the images to a HD then importing them from the HD into aperture in the normal way and everything seems to work fine.

Multiple cards used so it's not the card. Even tried a different reader.

Anyone have suggestions?

Using Yosemite and Ap. 3.6

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2Duo 16GB 1067

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 4:19 PM

5 replies

Dec 6, 2014 7:34 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

normally I put the CF card into the reader, aperture opens the import mode, the images on the card appear on the screen as previews in order by image number, I select where the images will be stored which is typically on an external HD (referenced), then press Import Checked Images and the upload begins.

what happens now is all of the above except:

1. all the images on the card do not appear as previews

2. The images are in random order ( typically between 30-50 images are available )

3. The option to import checked images never highlights. The button remains grayed out And we're at a standstill.

MY method of uploading images to the HD is via the finder. select all images on the card & drag them into a folder on the HD.

at that point I can successfully import the images into Aperture w/o the glitches

Any help appreciated.

Dec 7, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Rick King

These are troubling shooting step to try and locate the source of the problem:

If the card is left in the camera and the camera connected to the Mac are you able to import into Aperture?

With the card in the reader and Aperture open to the Import window, if you select the Mac does the card show up as a drive and can you select the files to import?

Create a new empty library and try your Import scheme, does it work?

Finally crate a new user account or use the Guess usr account and log in. Now try importing, any changes?

Mar 5, 2015 3:33 PM in response to Rick King

Since posting this 3 months ago the issue is still ongoing.

I'm attempting to upload images from a card directly into aperture the same way I've done it for years.

User uploaded file

There are 56 images on the card, raw files, and please note that only7 appear in this images to upload window.

User uploaded file

Another card from a different camera, NIKON D700. Over 400 images on this card and about 50 show up as available to import. Also note the Import Checked button is greyed out and that the thumbnails are not in numerical order.

User uploaded file

Images from cards copied to a folder on a HD can be imported, appear in the correct order and are all there.

Just an extra step in the process but it's a step I've never had to take before. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Aug 6, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Rick King

Possibly related - I recently upgraded to a USB 3 card reader (Kingston FCR-Hs3) connected to an iMac with Yosemite through a USB hub. Although the OS sees the card contents with no problem, Aperture doesn't (when importing, the drive shows up but empty, after a rather long time 'loading assets'). I had no such problems with my older card reader.

A work around is to copy the files from the card reader to the hard-disk, and then import into Aperture, but this rather defeats the point of having a faster card reader!

Aperture doesn't recognize all the images on my CF card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.