Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I scroll horizontally in a single line text box on a web page in Safari

I just realized that I cannot scroll (horizontally) in a single line text box on a web page in Safari on my iPhone when the text is longer than the text box. I am pretty sure that I used to be able to do this (before iOS 8). I don't remember the last time I tried to do this. I used to touch and hold to bring up the magnifying glass and then when I would move the cursor to the beginning/end of the text box the text would scroll. Now when I try to move the cursor to the end of the text box nothing happens. If I try to move the cursor past the end of the text box the cursor actually moves outside of the text box where the text would be. If I then start typing the text jumps so the cursor is at the end of the text box. This doesn't seem to work to get back to the beginning of the text.

The strangest part is that I cannot find any other complaints about this online. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 6, 2014 8:09 PM

6 replies

How do I scroll horizontally in a single line text box on a web page in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.