Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ve got an iPhone 6 i forgot my password i ve tried to restore it from itunes but in the middle of the downloading it asks for password

I ve got an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.1i forgot my password i ve tried to restore it from itunes but in the middle of the downloading it asks for password how do i restore my phone?

Posted on Dec 7, 2014 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 9:52 AM

Hi there pablo nina,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’ve forgot the passcode for your iPhone and you want to know how to restore it. The article linked below will walk you through the process of restoring your iPhone from recovery mode using iTunes.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2014 9:52 AM in response to pablo nina

Hi there pablo nina,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’ve forgot the passcode for your iPhone and you want to know how to restore it. The article linked below will walk you through the process of restoring your iPhone from recovery mode using iTunes.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

Oct 12, 2015 1:20 AM in response to pablo nina

Once you lost iPhone passcode and want to reset it, you can follow the following steps:

Step 1: Connect iPhone to computer via a USB cable> launch iTunes on computer.

Step 2: When you launch iTunes, it will automatically sync your device. But if it doesn't, you need to do it on your own, which means you have to do the following steps: Click "View"> "Show Sidebar", then your iPhone will be displayed in the left sidebar.

Step 3: When iTunes have synced and backed up your device, please go to "Device" in the sidebar. Then click on Summary tab. Next go to "Restore iPhone" button.

User uploaded file

Step 4: Finally, click on "Restore Backup" to restore iPhone from iTunes backup files and then you can reset your iPhone passcode.

If you have backed up data to iTunes previously, you can use FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery to extract data and save them to your computer.

I ve got an iPhone 6 i forgot my password i ve tried to restore it from itunes but in the middle of the downloading it asks for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.