Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Fingerprint Sensor not working correctly. I get "This Fingerprint Cannot Be Read" every single time!!!

Every time I try to unlock my phone with my finger, it keeps saying try again and have to put my passcode.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Then I go to settings to delete the fingerprint and create a new one. So then I let it read my finger, after resting my finger on the home button. After lifting and resting my finger on the home button for about 10-13 times, I get this error every single time. What can I do to fix it? I keep drying my hands and cleaning the home button but that doesn't help. On the first day I got the phone, it worked perfectly but in about a few weeks, it's not working correctly. PLEASE HELP!!!

iPhone 6, 64 GB

Posted on Dec 7, 2014 7:18 AM

9 replies

Dec 7, 2014 7:21 AM in response to Danny Diep

Have you tried resetting your device by pressing and holding the Home button and power button until the apple appears and then tested? Have you restored the phone from back up and then tested? Have you restored the phone as new and then tested? If it still doesn't work, you may have a hardware issue. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

iPhone 6 Fingerprint Sensor not working correctly. I get "This Fingerprint Cannot Be Read" every single time!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.