Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13" MB Pro Retina Late 2013 Default Full Charge Capacity (mAh)

Hello!

Can someone please tell me what is the default Full Charge Capacity (mAh) of MBPr 13" battery when it's new?

Recently I noticed that on my device it shows only 6069 mAh, though my device is barely a year old and has only 41 charge cycles (of 1000).

Why would battery degrade so quick?!User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2012

Posted on Dec 7, 2014 1:45 PM

6 replies

Dec 7, 2014 7:57 PM in response to Kappy

I expected approx 6600mAh - that's the charge capacity usually declared in reviews. I don't know exactly, though - that's why I'm asking about NORMAL capacity.

Furthermore, I recently faced some strange battery behavior - after heavy loads (Civilization 5) battery after some time shows more charge remaining than there was when I closed the lid.

For example I close the lid with 17% charge left and when I open the lid again I see 20% charge.

Dec 7, 2014 8:31 PM in response to Alejandro_64

First, the amount of remaining charge is a dynamic figure that changes with the changes demands on the battery. Closing the lid means less demand, so the battery will last longer. Lid open means higher demand and less life of the battery.

The number cited in reviews is a nominal figure and can vary from battery to battery. You should fully charge your battery to make an comparisons. A battery's full charge capacity declines as the battery gets older and is used more. It will never be the same after the day it's take out of the box.

About Batteries in Modern Apple Laptops

Battery University

Apple - Batteries - Notebooks

Apple - Batteries

Extending the Life of Your Laptop Battery

MacBook and MacBook Pro- Mac reduces processor speed when battery is removed while operating from an A-C adaptor

Apple Portables- Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

Mac notebooks- Determining battery cycle count

Dec 7, 2014 8:42 PM in response to Kappy

No. NOT the REMAINING charge. See the first message - I pasted the required argument.

Full Charge Capacity (mAh)

I have strong suspicion that battery lost quite a bit of it's full capacity. Judging from reviews it's expected to be about 6600mAh (not 6000). Can someone tell me what is the default "out-of-the-box" value of this parameter on MPBr 13" late 2013?

Furthermore - battery started to behave strange. After heavy loads it gains some charge after an idle perioud (withput any charge of course). For example I close the lid having 17% charge left and when I open 5-7 hour slater I get 20% charge left. Though no charging was performed during this period.

All-in-all, I warry battery performs strange

13" MB Pro Retina Late 2013 Default Full Charge Capacity (mAh)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.