Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get all my photos out of the Recovered photos file on IPhoto 9.6?

My photo's were all moved somehow to the Recovered Photo's file. All my subfiles within iPhoto are gone. How do I move all the photo's out of the Recovered Photos file?

Posted on Dec 7, 2014 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 9:09 AM

iPhoto collects photos in the "Recovered items"; when the connection between the versions you are seeing in the browser and the original items has been lost. Something must have corrupted your iPhoto library. Did you move it to a new location or access it from a different user account?

When all of your photos are only in the "Recovered items", the easiest way to restore your iPhoto library would be to restore your iPhoto library from your last backup.

Otherwise select the "recovered items" event and use the command "Events > Autosplit selected events" to divide this event into smaller sub events based on the dates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2014 9:09 AM in response to MJGrant

iPhoto collects photos in the "Recovered items"; when the connection between the versions you are seeing in the browser and the original items has been lost. Something must have corrupted your iPhoto library. Did you move it to a new location or access it from a different user account?

When all of your photos are only in the "Recovered items", the easiest way to restore your iPhoto library would be to restore your iPhoto library from your last backup.

Otherwise select the "recovered items" event and use the command "Events > Autosplit selected events" to divide this event into smaller sub events based on the dates.

Apr 17, 2015 1:11 PM in response to léonie

Thanks, this worked for me. Just a clarification. A "Recovered Folder" will appear in the left pane under a separate Events title at the bottom of the items in the pane. That is a Smart Folder and cannot be autosplit. You have to click on the the "Event" item that shows all the events and, as mentioned above, find the "Recovered items" event and then autosplit it. Also, there were about 9 out of about 500 photos that were left in the "Recovered items" event. Turns out they were all from the same date, so that's probably how it works. I just deleted them but you could probably just rename the event.

How do I get all my photos out of the Recovered photos file on IPhoto 9.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.