Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pasteboard issues

Since I've been using 10.10.1, I have been seeing the following issue in my console:

08/12/2014 14:11:10.688 Google Chrome[619]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

08/12/2014 14:11:10.948 Google Chrome[619]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

08/12/2014 14:11:19.466 Alfred 2[428]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

08/12/2014 14:11:19.466 Alfred 2[428]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

08/12/2014 14:11:50.524 Xcode[16035]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

08/12/2014 14:12:35.990 Xcode[16083]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

08/12/2014 14:14:42.939 Terminal[1184]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

08/12/2014 14:14:42.940 Terminal[1184]: Can't allocate a new block for a pasteboard. Creation of a new Pasteboard will fail.

It makes some applications such as Xcode crash when opening certain files (XIB files in Xcode case).

I've tried to remove as much clutter from my startup items, anything that might interact with the pasteboard (CloudApp, Alfred 2), and even tried restarting the pboard process via launchd, to no avail.

The only way to make it work again is to log out or restart. But then the error comes back after 5 minutes of using the system.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this issue or what is causing it...

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 12:56 AM

Hi Naixn

what plugins do you have installed in chrome ?

Does the message also appears when chrome is closed?

6 replies

Dec 9, 2014 7:12 AM in response to kevinleicht

Heya,

The message does continue to appear when I quit all my apps, including Chrome.

However, I haven't tried not launching Chrome after system startup, and seeing if the issue reproduces.

I have the following enabled extensions:

- AdBlock

- Application Launcher for Drive (by Google)

- Google Docs

- Hola Better Internet

- Personal Blocklist (by Google)

- Pushbullet

- reddit companion

- Reddit Enhancement Suite

- Search by Image (by Google)

- YouTube auto-wide

Pushbullet allows synchronisation of pasteboards between devices, I'll try disabling that.

Dec 10, 2014 8:05 AM in response to hannes.cm

I disabled Pushbullet's pasteboard sync, and then rebooted my system.

Before, the issue would appear within 30 minutes of me using my computer on a normal basis.

I decided not to launch Chrome for a good 2 hours, and wasn't seeing the pasteboard issue.

I then launched Chrome with the pasteboard sync previously disabled, it's not been another 2 hours, and I have yet to see the error again.

So all clues do seem to indicate an issue with Pushbullet's pasteboard syncing feature.

The actual problem might be Pushbullet, or Chrome's API, but at least, if somebody is having this issue, they can disable that one specific feature :-)

@hannes.cm: Do you have a link to the bug report?

May 1, 2015 3:09 PM in response to Naixn

I don't have Pushbullet installed, I don't use Trillian, and I'm still having this problem in Yosemite. Manually running /System/Library/CoreServices/pbs -update doesn't fix it, restarting the Finder doesn't fix it, only logging out and back in fixes it.

Is there some programmer framework Pushbullet and Trillian used that something else I'm using is to blame here?

Pasteboard issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.