Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I download "Pages" it can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because OS X version 10.10 or later is required?

why can't I download "Pages" it can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because OS X version 10.10 or later is required?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.1, just downloaded latest upgrade

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 9:27 AM

8 replies

Dec 10, 2014 7:51 AM in response to monafromsan diego

I took your advice and ordered pages 9 off Amazon and will download it as soon as it gets here. Thanks for the help. Sometimes I wish they'd stop updating things. Duplicate photos, iPhoto syncing, blah blah blah. We've been on macs since 95'. It's getting really complicated. It use to be so simple.

I'm trying to lay out a 8-12 page catalogue to pass on to my design person to prep for final before print. Yikes, with all the hassle of trying to get my devices working together has been a time, effort drain that could have been better spent, for sure.

Q.

1. After I get the content altogether I'll need to save it and send it in PDF format.

2. Does anyone one know if the original photos will save in PDFS also?

Please... No mocking, just on "information overload" and your help here has been great, and appreciate.

Dec 10, 2014 8:50 AM in response to monafromsan diego

The iWork '09 DVD applications will not work with Yosemite right from the DVD. After their installation, apply the Apple iWork 9.3 updater to bring the individual applications to their latest revision, and compatibility with Yosemite. The iWork '09 PDF manuals for Pages and Numbers are here. The Keynote manual is here.

Since the iWork '09 applications are discontinued, Apple is not concerned about future OS X updates that may break iWork '09 applications. Just keep that in mind, and have consistent document backups.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.