Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 touch screen not working

i have an iPhone 6+ and have to keep restarting it because the touchscreen becomes totally unresponsive, I have hard reset it a few times ir works for a while then becomes unresponsive again. Anyone have any other suggestions ? I've had the phone for a day and a half

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 12:10 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2015 7:19 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

My iphone 6 plus 64 gb has a major problem about its touch screen. Let me tell you the whole story:

3 or 4 weeks ago I noticed that the touch screen was sometimes responding slowly. After a while it started not responding at all. At first I was able to solve the problem by hard resetting (by pressing home and sleep buttons for 5 seconds) the device. But then the hard reset also did nothing and the touch screen was perminantly unresponsive. Since the was no Apple Store in the city, I planned a visit to a store in another city in 2 weeks time and turned the device off. Before going to the store I turned the device on and saw that the touch screen started to work normally. I called the support line and told my story. The support guy sent me an e-mail which tests the device internally. When the test was finished she said that the device was perfectly normal. After this conversation I tought that they would tell me the same thing if I had taken it to the store while the touch screen is working normally. So I cancelled my plan and started to use the device. But after 1 week the touch screen is again not working, hard reset or anything like this does not solve the problem. So I will have to bring the the device to the store.

The other problem just starts here. I live in Turkey and we have 2 apple stores here in İstanbul. When I try to make an appointment to the genius bar it always says that there are no appointments available. The support guy tells me to try to make the appointment at midnight!! I am stuck here with a brick iphone which I have paid about 800 euros. Being an iphone user for more than 5 years, i will never buy any other apple device from now on.

iPhone 6 touch screen not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.