Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EasySuite mounts every few minutes, no way to remove it

User has purchased one of the high end i7 macbooks as of Oct right before the new ones were released and it has been a good transition from an iMac 2011. An onsite Time Capsule was used to migrate the user and was mostly unproblematic, minor issues included re-activating office and getting Outlook migrated.

User originally ran Mavericks and has since upgraded to Yosemite and has all the latest updates to the OS. User also has McAfee protection and has run a full scan and app scan with no findings.

I did locate genieo on the machine and removed it, it had not hijacked the home page but there was a safari extension.

The problem that got the user troubleshooting is a software called "EasyShare" keeps mounting and staying mounted. It has an icon like a CD and can be ejected only to re-appear minutes later. Info says it is via USB and I had the user unplug all the USB devices while troubleshooting.

We ran disk utility to repair permissions on the hard disk. Looked through applications for anything related to EasyShare and found nothing. Also ran a search for any files or folders related to EasyShare and found nothing as well.

EasyShare looks like a remnant of an old file transfer software that allowed USB transfer between Mac and PC. Going into the mount of EasyShare reveals an icon that says Go! Suite Bridge. User was able to find an online manual for Launch GO! Suite but it only had brief instructions on how to use the software for windows and mac os.

If anyone has information on what this software is, if its malicious and how to stop it from continually mounting I would appreciate any help, thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 4:44 PM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2014 5:11 PM in response to John.ellmaker

Download EtreCheck from http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck, run it, and paste the results here. EtreCheck is perfectly safe to run, does not ask for your password to install, and is signed with my Apple Developer ID. It will list all of the scripts that run in the background. It should be easy to see which files need to be removed. There will probably still be leftover files, but they won't be running.

Disclaimer: Although EtreCheck is free, there are other links on my site that could give me some form of compensation, financial or otherwise.

EasySuite mounts every few minutes, no way to remove it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.