Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I get double messages, almost simultaneously, when I send a text message?

Why do I get duplicate messages on my screen, almost simultaneously, when I send a text message?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 2:20 PM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2015 10:00 PM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Yes we are, and have been for several years but this is relatively new behavior. What can we do to fix this?

As a separate but probably related issue, we can send test messages to each other in the house (we have wifi), but out in the world neither of us can send or receive to each other but we can to other friends. Behavior applies to both email and text messages. again, new behavior over the past several weeks.

Would upgrading to Yosemite on our house iMac have an effect on anything? Problems seemed to start after I upgraded several months ago.

THank you.

Bob

Why do I get double messages, almost simultaneously, when I send a text message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.