Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 yellow tint screen

Hello. I have a yellow screen problem on my iphone 6. Exactly the same problem I had years ago with an iPhone 4. I searched the internet and can not find much information. Is it so strange an iPhone 6 ?. I want to change it, but do not want a refurbished . I have an iPad and two iPhones 4 and iPhone 6 Yellow is horrible. Attached photos.
User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 5:56 PM

I expose my case here as a complaint. And because I did not find any similar case. Until after Christmas I can not approach a AppleStore and I refuse to mail it to receive a refurbished iPhone 6. This phone only has 15 days. Thank you for your help.

14 replies

Dec 10, 2014 10:21 AM in response to A. Gadea

MIne isn't yellow but it has the same darkish mura spots as yours and I'm sending mine in for service/replacement. There is a real problem with quite a few of these iPhone 6 displays! I hope I get one with a good screen! I can't stand the dark shadow spots on mine! When reading from a white background it drives me insane! Never had this problem on my iPhone 5.

Heres another other thread with the same type of issue.

iPhone 6: Apparent backlight uniformity issue

Dec 11, 2014 8:00 AM in response to imagineadam

Today I received my 3rd iPhone 6 with yellow screen. When I received my 1st device I was sure that my screen is kinda yellow so I went to some local store to compare. All store's devices were "whiter" (more blueish), crisper, more contrasty -just better. As said before, today I received 3rd phone with the same yelowish screen and I think I will sent it back with cash refund this time as I just don't want to have worse phone that I saw in a store. It's not acceptable. Moreover I had more or less similar issue with Macbook Pro delivered last week (half screen was yellow). Now I am waiting for the 2nd unit. Yellow screens for such money?

Dec 11, 2014 9:29 AM in response to zaix

zaix wrote:

Today I received my 3rd iPhone 6 with yellow screen. When I received my 1st device I was sure that my screen is kinda yellow so I went to some local store to compare. All store's devices were "whiter" (more blueish), crisper, more contrasty -just better. As said before, today I received 3rd phone with the same yelowish screen and I think I will sent it back with cash refund this time as I just don't want to have worse phone that I saw in a store. It's not acceptable. Moreover I had more or less similar issue with Macbook Pro delivered last week (half screen was yellow). Now I am waiting for the 2nd unit. Yellow screens for such money?

What you are seeing is a difference in color temperature of the screens. I'm wondering how you are determining which screens are correct or not. Just a personal preference?

Dec 11, 2014 10:54 AM in response to A. Gadea

Thank you for your feedback. I thought that this was a thing of the past.

pogster

White is white. You can catch a white sheet and compare. I can compare with my iPad / iPhone 4 or LCD computer, and see that there iPhone 6 terribly yellow screens. It is not a personal preference, it is a demonstrable fact.

And whether it is software or a bad temperature setting, you should know that Apple does not allow its configuration (Jailbreak 've heard that you can do something).

Regards.

Dec 11, 2014 11:18 AM in response to A. Gadea

No white is not white. You can read about white here or google it yourself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White

As for jailbreaking no one said anything about it. Without measuring the screen how do you know which screen is correct or not? You are basing your preference as a fault with the hardware. By the way, not everyone likes cool displays. Some do prefer the warmer displays. As for your Macbook Pro the color temperature of the display can be adjusted by YOU by setting the white point as well as several other parameters. If you want really accurate colors get yourself a colorimeter. Look into it. You'll save yourself some angst.

Dec 11, 2014 11:35 AM in response to A. Gadea

That's a bummer man. My problem is that when I'm scrolling text with a white background I have a couple of darker shade blobs near the middle to upper center of my screen. I noticed it right away and can't stop obsessing about it! I found amother thread with people complaining about the same thing. I'm wondering if it's a manufacturing defect from a certain factory or if all iPhone 6 screens have this problem and many people don't notice it! If you get s replacement can you let me know how the uniformity is? Thanks!

Dec 11, 2014 11:45 AM in response to pogster

Have a DELL professional IPS panel and calibrated RGB covering the entire range. It's as simple as putting the iPhone around to check that whites are yellow, blue are green, and gray .. no grays. You do not need 20/20 vision to differentiate white yellow. You seem not to recognize that the iPhone 6 have this problem as have many other Apple products. It's no secret or fake.
I have had iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, LCD's .. and now an iPhone 6, and you? these things are typical of apple. But you're blind for not wanting to see it.

Dec 11, 2014 12:28 PM in response to A. Gadea

I'm well aware it's no secret and yes I've done many screen calibrations myself. How convenient you didn't mention you know you can calibrate the MBP screen yet you complain and want one out of the box already calibrated. It seems to me Apple is doing everything they can to please you by exchanging units but yet you come on here to complain. This is a technical assistance site. There's nothing anyone here can do about your screen preferences. Next time buy a phone with a calibrated screen. It's obvious you are only on here to rant and since we've both made our points I see no further need to drag this on any further. Have yourself a wonderful day.

Dec 11, 2014 12:29 PM in response to imagineadam

imagineadam wrote:

That's a bummer man. My problem is that when I'm scrolling text with a white background I have a couple of darker shade blobs near the middle to upper center of my screen. I noticed it right away and can't stop obsessing about it! I found amother thread with people complaining about the same thing. I'm wondering if it's a manufacturing defect from a certain factory or if all iPhone 6 screens have this problem and many people don't notice it! If you get s replacement can you let me know how the uniformity is? Thanks!

If you think you have a defective screen take it in and have it looked at.

iPhone 6 yellow tint screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.