Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i plug my shuffle into my mac the little light turns on but doesn't pop up in iTunes???

when i plug my shuffle into my mac the little light turns on but doesn't pop up in iTunes???

iPod shuffle, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 3:09 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2014 6:45 AM in response to Alvarez89

Hi there Alvarez89,

If your iPod Shuffle still has not appeared in iTunes, I would recommend the following resource to help you get that back, so you can sync your content to it:

iPod shuffle (4th generation): Not seen in iTunes

Verify that you have firmly inserted the USB cable into the headset jack on your iPod shuffle. The cable should be flush against the iPod, with no visible gap.

The image below on the left is an example of an iPod shuffle (4th generation) with a partially inserted cable. On the right is an iPod shuffle with the cable fully inserted and flush.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Learn more

If the issue persists, please follow one of these articles, depending on the symptoms and operating system:

Mac OS X users:

Windows users:

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.