Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.2 on iPhone 4s - has bricked my 4s

I just upgraded to 8.1.2 on my iPhone 4S and now all my text messages have vanished, I can't send or receive text messages, and I can't make phone calls. What the ****? When I punch in a phone number or tap a contact in my favourites - nothing happens. I have switched it off and rebooted twice - still nothing. Help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 10:18 PM

I'm back! I had to do a complete Factory Erase on the phone, and then restore from my latest iCloud backup - but everything is back to normal now. Phew! I think my 4S might know that I've snuck an iPhone 6 under the Xmas tree User uploaded file

Oddly, the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine with the 4S, but the Factory Erase and Reset fixed her problems, too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2014 10:18 PM in response to Measles

I'm back! I had to do a complete Factory Erase on the phone, and then restore from my latest iCloud backup - but everything is back to normal now. Phew! I think my 4S might know that I've snuck an iPhone 6 under the Xmas tree User uploaded file

Oddly, the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine with the 4S, but the Factory Erase and Reset fixed her problems, too.

iOS 8.1.2 on iPhone 4s - has bricked my 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.