Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am running operating system 10.6.8 and using Safari version 5.1.10. What would be the latest version of Safari I can use on my MacBook? Thanks

Am running operating system 10.6.8 on a MacBook. What would be the latest version of Safari I can use? Currently using Safari version 5.1.10. Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 10:41 AM

6 replies

Dec 10, 2014 10:43 AM in response to vincentfromkenner

Without upgrading the OS, the version you have installed on it.

If you upgrade the OS, it depends on what MacBook model you have. Open the Mac App Store and try downloading Yosemite. If you get told it's incompatible, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Xeon or Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) CPU and 2GB of RAM, and if it does, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

If you upgrade, back up your data and check your applications for compatibility first. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(118024)

Feb 25, 2015 5:49 AM in response to Niel

Neil, just recently had the chance to upgrade to Lion 10.7 then performed an update to 10.7.1 as you suggested. Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your help. Everything went smoothly with the ordering, downloading and install. All seems to be running okay so far, even Safari. Assuming this would be the furthest I can upgrade to with this MacBook? Will look for your name in the future when seeking an answer to a related issue. Thanks again for your help.

Am running operating system 10.6.8 and using Safari version 5.1.10. What would be the latest version of Safari I can use on my MacBook? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.