Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone 6 won't stay connected to the wifi after iOS 8.1.2 update?

After I updated my iPhone to iOS 8.1.2, my home wifi automatically drops when my phone goes on to the lock screen, which it never did before. However, the main issue is that it will no longer reconnect automatically when I unlock my phone. Instead I have to go into settings -> wifi and then this message will randomly flash and pop and it will reconnect, only to drop again once I lock my phone. Auto-Join and Auto-Login is on and I had no issue like this before I updated. I have tried resetting the network settings and it didn't do anything.

Any idea how to fix this?

This is the message:

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 9:16 AM

7 replies

Dec 26, 2014 6:56 AM in response to PenguinPaulie1

You really have hijacked moulinettes's thread and are in the wrong forum, however, it is quite possible for a router to have bugs which only show up with particular devices.

If you think that you have discovered a bug, then report it to Apple at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You might want to check out your iPad on some other network to see if the problem also occurs there.

Jan 12, 2015 1:55 PM in response to moulinette

I have the same problem with my iphone 6.

Show wifi signal ip address is ok, but no traffic.

I have to go to airline mode to restart the traffic on wifi, but this is not working for so long.

Is frustrating !! and this is happening at work and and home with different wifi routers.

I reset the network settings but no luck this time.

It's incredible having this king of problems with a phone extremely expensive !!.

Please APPLE fix this as soon as possible !!.

Jan 27, 2015 9:14 AM in response to moulinette

I have had the same exact issue on my iPhone 4S since installing ios 8. When phone is locked and goes to sleep the wifi will always disconnect. When unlocking screen sometimes it reconnects withing a second and other times it takes several seconds. This happens on any router from home to work to other places. Doesn't matter where.

Phone 6 won't stay connected to the wifi after iOS 8.1.2 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.