Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third party keyboards crashing iMessage

I have a problem with third party keyboards crashing some apps - most notably iMessage. I am using PopKey, SwiftKey, and Swype (separately) and have tried including and excluding the standard English keyboard.

Crashing is intermittent and occurs on navigating to iMessage from the home scr. I see this a lot when tapping an iMessage banner notification. iMessage appears, but is completely non-responsive.

My fix right now is to open running programs and closing iMessage. When I reopen iMessage, all keyboards are accessible and we are back to normal operation.

Any fix out there? Similar experiences?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 10:14 PM

I thought I was alone in this. I use Swype and it crashes constantly. Keyboard sometimes fails to show up in all my apps. I have to close and reopen the app for it to work again. I also have your exact same issue with imessage. I had to revert to the iOS keyboard because of this. I hope there is a solution to this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2014 10:14 PM in response to LHiner4

I thought I was alone in this. I use Swype and it crashes constantly. Keyboard sometimes fails to show up in all my apps. I have to close and reopen the app for it to work again. I also have your exact same issue with imessage. I had to revert to the iOS keyboard because of this. I hope there is a solution to this.

Third party keyboards crashing iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.