Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still deleting podcasts at random

I know that there are several similar questions in here but I have yet to see one with a good answer.

My iOS 8 iPhone 6 Plus is randomly deleting all of my pod casts that I have downloaded it has done so at least four times now and I am no closer to understanding how why all remedy is anyone out there?

This seems to followand unknown error whereupon cast just will not play it skips onto the next available item and then skip through several more and then the next time I look at the phone all of the podcasts are gone.

help!

David

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 8:01 AM

9 replies

Dec 13, 2014 2:29 PM in response to davidarandall

Hello,

I think I have the same issue as you.

At random about every day the podcast subscriptions are being wiped or partially deleted from podcast app on my iPhone 6 Plus. I also read a lot of hints about disabling syncing with iTunes from PC but I don't believe it will help.

The wipe of the App don't appears after syncing with my Mac or Windows client. The wipe appears after a crash of the podcast app. This is good visible by a black screen.

Hope someone has an idea?

Sincerely

Robert

Dec 16, 2014 1:53 AM in response to Antrophos

And again this morning ... I get an error saying "the episode is unavailable" then all of my podcasts disappear and I have to redownload, I don't believe they've been deleted but I bet an index file is corrupt. It's time that Apple admitted they are not infallible and provided a way to rebuild indexes based on what is on the device rather than just having to recreate - I also wonder if the "lost" episodes are still taking up storage space that I can never recover without a complete reset.

I'd not mind so much but I subscribe to some that only make current edition available and of course this means if I get behind I lose the opportunity forever.

Is anyone else seeing this? -

Footnote - just noticed that if I redownload - many of the missing episodes show as played even if I'd not previously opened them

David

Dec 23, 2014 9:31 AM in response to davidarandall

Thanks for posting this because I was beginning to think I was the only one with this problem. The same thing is happening with my iPhone 6. I've noticed that sometimes the Podcast app will try to add back old podcasts still listed in iTunes (but not previously in my phone), leading me to think it's an issue with syncing between iTunes and my phone. I do not have Sync Podcasts enabled however and I usually never actually sync my phone at home via iTunes, so it really does seem to happen randomly.

PLease fix this apple!

Dec 24, 2014 1:19 AM in response to Antrophos

Hello again,

I think I finally solved my issue. I must admit it wasn't Apples fault.

I have an ID for the store and one for iCloud. The iTunes is not syncing with the iCloud but with iTunes Store. I lend my mom my iPad and she deleted the podcasts to free some space for her fotos. I just did not think of, because I had a diffrent iCloud account set for her.

This might not be the issue of the others in the thread, but who knows.

Sincerely

Robert

Jan 19, 2015 12:33 AM in response to davidarandall

And today I have lost everything once again, nothing seems to improve matters anyone any clues as to when some sort of change might come along, I now seriously hanker for the days when the podcasts were just a category under tracks, at least it worked reliably then so perhaps they should reinstate this as an option since I don't seem to lose my music tracks.

David

Apr 20, 2015 3:02 AM in response to davidarandall

I have two Apple IDs. I switched Apple ID on my iPad to get at a video download from iTunes. I forgot I was signed into this old account and launched the Podcasts app. It was empty, I realized my mistake and switched the account again. Where everything was in sync, now I have 3 podcasts subscriptions on my iPhone (there used to be many more), 1 podcast on my iPad, 3 in iTunes, and none on Apple TV. I thought I'd simplify and use the Apple app, but what a mistake. I'm going back to Overcast.

Still deleting podcasts at random

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.