Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6 Error 9006 while Restoring

Hey other Members,

I have a IPhone 6 with IOS8 on it.

Now my Problem: While im restoring my iPhone in Itunes , the Error 9006 appears.

I tried to deactivate my firewall and my anti-virus program , but it didnt worked when i tried again.

I got the newest ITunes version aswell.

Thanks for answers

Gentik

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 12:08 PM

4 replies

Dec 10, 2014 12:54 PM in response to IGenti

Check your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1000, 1611, 9006. Sometimes security software can prevent your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't preventing a connection to the Apple servers.

Resolve issues between iTunes and security software

If you can’t open iTunes, download content, sync your device, or use Home Sharing, you might have an issue with security software.

What you might see

Security software created by companies other than Apple can prevent iTunes from connecting to Apple servers. Sometimes, you might see a numeric error message when you sync, update, back up, or restore your device:

• iTunes won’t open
  • You can’t connect to iTunes Store to buy or download content
  • iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't back up, restore, update, sync, or activate with iTunes
  • iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't recognized by iTunes
  • iPod isn't recognized by iTunes.
  • iPod won't sync with iTunes.
  • Apple TV won’t restore with iTunes
  • iTunes Error 4 or iTunes Error 6
  • iTunes Error 1630–1641
  • iTunes Errors between 3000–3999. Example: iTunes Error 3004 or iTunes Error 3014
  • iTunes Errors between 9000–9999. Example: iTunes Error 9006 or iTunes Error 9844

Get started

First try these basic steps to see if they resolve the issue. If they don’t, continue to the next section.

• Set the correct date, time, and time zone on your computer.
  • Get the latest version of iTunes.
  • Update OS X or Windows, and update your security software.

Configure your software

After you update your security software, configure it to let iTunes communicate through the ports and servers listed here. Configuration steps vary by software, so contact the developer for specifics. Blocked ports are often related to numbered errors in the 3000 range.

• Ports: 80 and 443
  • Apple servers:
    • phobos.apple.com
    • deimos3.apple.com
    • albert.apple.com
    • gs.apple.com
    • itunes.apple.com
    • ax.itunes.apple.com
    • Verisign servers:
    • evintl-ocsp.verisign.com
    • evsecure-ocsp.verisign.com

Find a more complete list of ports used by Apple products

. You might also need to configure your security software to allow specific services

to run.

Remove your software and proxies

If your PC or router is using proxy settings, try connecting to the iTunes Store without using an Internet proxy

. On a PC, you can use the built-in diagnostics in iTunes to test your connections and generate reports

.If the issue continues, disable or uninstall your security software temporarily, but first note any licenses and confirm you can reinstall the software.

• Restart your computer and try to connect with iTunes again.
  • Check your hosts file to verify that it's not blocking iTunes from communicating with the update server.

When you’re done with these steps, re-install and re-enable your security software to keep your system safe. If uninstalling your security software resolved the issue, contact the developer to help you configure the software to work with iTunes.

Test connectivity

If you’re still having issues using AirPlay, Home Sharing, iTunes, or Remote, test the connectivity between the computers or devices in your house. They need to be connected to the same network and subnet.

Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.

IPhone 6 Error 9006 while Restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.