Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing creates double entries in iCal

When I sync my iPhone 5 I get double entries in iCal. I did merge my calendars, then I tried turning off iCloud, and then tried tuning off selected calendars. My calendars have my information, just twice!

How do I fix this!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2014 1:49 PM

Hi there ArEss,

It sounds like you’re seeing duplicate events in Calendar after after syncing your iPhone 5 with your Mac. Take a look at the article linked below, it provides information that may help you understand how the issue occurred and it also provides suggested resolutions.

If you see duplicate calendars or events after setting up iCloud Calendar - Apple Support

Hide or delete duplicate calendars on your computer

When you set up iCloud on your device, events that are stored locally on your device should move to iCloud. If that process doesn't complete successfully, you might see duplicate calendars on both your device and iCloud. Those duplicate calendars could show some or all of the same events.

To resolve the issue, you can hide or delete duplicate calendars on your computer. If you choose to delete the local copies (the copies on your device), make a copy of the calendar data first.

OS X

To hide a local calendar on your Mac, follow these steps:

1. Open Calendars or iCal. If you don't see your list of calendars, click the Calendars button in the upper-left corner.
  2. Look for an On My Mac section in the list. By deselecting and selecting the checkboxes in that section, you can quickly hide and show the events in each local calendar. Compare those events to the events that you see in your iCloud calendars.
  3. If some events are on your Mac but not in iCloud, your calendar data might not have merged successfully with iCloud. Try manually importing events into iCloud.
  4. If the calendars in iCloud contain all of your events, and the calendars on your Mac contain only duplicates of those events, you can leave the calendars on your Mac hidden.

You can also delete calendars stored on your Mac, but make sure you choose only from the calendars in the On My Mac section. Don't choose calendars in other sections, such as sections labeled for iCloud, Subscriptions, Other, or other calendar services.

To delete local calendars on your Mac, follow these steps:

1. Make a copy of the calendar data stored in iCloud.
  2. In the On My Mac section, click the calendar name.
  3. Choose Edit > Delete.

Cheers,

-Jason

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2014 1:49 PM in response to ArEss

Hi there ArEss,

It sounds like you’re seeing duplicate events in Calendar after after syncing your iPhone 5 with your Mac. Take a look at the article linked below, it provides information that may help you understand how the issue occurred and it also provides suggested resolutions.

If you see duplicate calendars or events after setting up iCloud Calendar - Apple Support

Hide or delete duplicate calendars on your computer

When you set up iCloud on your device, events that are stored locally on your device should move to iCloud. If that process doesn't complete successfully, you might see duplicate calendars on both your device and iCloud. Those duplicate calendars could show some or all of the same events.

To resolve the issue, you can hide or delete duplicate calendars on your computer. If you choose to delete the local copies (the copies on your device), make a copy of the calendar data first.

OS X

To hide a local calendar on your Mac, follow these steps:

1. Open Calendars or iCal. If you don't see your list of calendars, click the Calendars button in the upper-left corner.
  2. Look for an On My Mac section in the list. By deselecting and selecting the checkboxes in that section, you can quickly hide and show the events in each local calendar. Compare those events to the events that you see in your iCloud calendars.
  3. If some events are on your Mac but not in iCloud, your calendar data might not have merged successfully with iCloud. Try manually importing events into iCloud.
  4. If the calendars in iCloud contain all of your events, and the calendars on your Mac contain only duplicates of those events, you can leave the calendars on your Mac hidden.

You can also delete calendars stored on your Mac, but make sure you choose only from the calendars in the On My Mac section. Don't choose calendars in other sections, such as sections labeled for iCloud, Subscriptions, Other, or other calendar services.

To delete local calendars on your Mac, follow these steps:

1. Make a copy of the calendar data stored in iCloud.
  2. In the On My Mac section, click the calendar name.
  3. Choose Edit > Delete.

Cheers,

-Jason

syncing creates double entries in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.