Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is this magical iPhone 6 Plus battery life?

iPhone 6 Plus users, are you getting the great battery life that most reviewers and reporters are describing with the iPhone 6 plus? I've had mine for two weeks, and while I wouldn't say the battery life is bad exactly, it hasn't been the stellar improvement overall compared to my old iPhone 5 that reports have led me to expect. Many people seem to indicate you can go a day and a half or two days with moderate usage without recharging, and I am lucky to make it to the end of the day and not get a low battery warning.

I've fiddled with settings (background app refresh, push e-mail, deleting Facebook app altogether, turning off Pebble/bluetooth, etc.) and while it may make some difference around the edges, I'm certainly not finding that I have more than 50% battery left at the end of a day of standard usage, like some people are saying. My usage isn't light, but it certainly isn't heavy, either. I'm not watching a lot of video or playing many video games or anything during the work day. I'm probably actively looking at the screen for maybe a total of 3 hours a day.

Are my expectations too high? Do I have a substandard battery? I am willing to change settings, but at the same time, a great part of the appeal of the 6 plus for me was not having to do that battery dance all the time. Any ideas?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 2:44 PM

61 replies

Dec 11, 2014 5:10 AM in response to mbober99

im getting 15-16 hours of use on my 6plus

you might try a battery calibrations - (let the battery discharge all the way until the iPhone powers off then charge it back up to 100% and leave it on the charger for a couple more hours

its also possible that battery life will get better after a few charge cycles

if it doesnt you could try restoring the phone as new - and not doing a restore from backup or adding any of your apps back and see if that helps - you could have a corrupted backup or an app thats draining the battery in the background

Finally you could take it to Apple store (with a genius appointment) if one is nearby - it could be a defective battery

Dec 12, 2014 2:04 PM in response to mbober99

I've had various things turned on at various times, experimenting. Right now I've turned off Fetch, Bluetooth, Background App refresh and even Location Services since I'll be home for the day. I'll see what it does for the rest of the day. I'm still bummed though to have to experiment like this. I'd have been fine with a comfortable full day of use, unlike the 2+ days some people are getting, assuming that my usage is different. But less than a day doesn't really cut it for a phone this size.

Dec 16, 2014 9:46 AM in response to Darren Raymond

Absolutely no improvement whatsoever.

Only difference is that it literally takes 2-3x longer to charge. Making you think you've got this far more robust battery to fill.

But then its pushing 20% and 10% just as fast as my 5s did ...

Fail

Jan 16, 2015 2:30 AM in response to Darren Raymond

my iphone 6 plus is by far the absolute worst battery life of any phone i've ever owned. I brought my phone into apple store genius bar and showed them like 50 screen shots of my battery usage screen saying i lost like 50% over the course of a few hours of extremely light use. They basically told me "our battery diagnostic app says yur battery is fine... go away.'

I've tried that let it die down to zero percent and then recharge thing like twice. It does nothing. Apple refuses to acknowledge that my iphone6 plus has a garbage battery. I do not trust their battery diagnostics test as far as i can throw this 1000 dollar paperweight and that is basically what this phone has been since the second i owned it,

THis is NOT A TROLL post. I am a 100% genuine iphone 6 plus owner who truly is unsatisfied with my purchase. This is truly 100% without a shadow of a doubt the worst battery ive ever seen on any smartphone ever and at the same time i acknowledge that there exists ip6+s with great battery life. There has to be some super dodgey stuff going on like there are just tooooo many bad batches or something. Maybe my phone was part of some rushed batch to make it in time for christmas and they were careless n heavy handed at the factory something i dunno but what i do know is my iphone 6 plus has absolutely dismal, pathetic and downright makes the phone unusable when i am out and about due to battery anxiety.

There are way too many posts of people saying their ip6 battery is bad while other posts saying it's good. It's starting to become apparent that the iphone 6 is just extremely inconsistent and quite frankly not worth the risk really. You could get lucky n get a good 1 but you could very well get 1 like i have that literally died down from a full 100% charge down to fully dead in less than a half a day from literally zero use whatsoever. it just sat there sleeping. I didn't use it during this. It was a test to see how long it would take to die and it failed this test miserably and yet apple's useless little battery diagnostic over at genius says my battery is just fine n dandy... yeah right. Its crap. The genius dood who was totally cool n he's just doing his job/ protocol or whatever no knock to him but he just pointed me to some battery conversation tip link on apple's website and sent me on my way. I showed him screenshot after screenshot showing extremely poor battery life math and he just wasn't interested in hearing of any of it cause his all knowing battery diagnostic thingy infront of him is some all knowing crystal ball says my battery is fine and that's the end of it and the piles of screenshots i have saying my battery is dying 10 times faster than your are claiming while i had no background apps or anything whatsoever running don't mean a thing.

I want my money back apple . Your product does not perform as advertised.

Where is this magical iPhone 6 Plus battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.