Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus wont allow yahoo email to work nor update

I have several email accounts I use with my iphone 6+ and I realized I hadn't been receiving emails from one of the yahoo accounts, I signed in on my imac (and I can on my ipad as well) and I had missed about 10 days of emails. I can send emails from it but cannot receive with it. When I open account it doesn't show any "inbox" or "saved" or past "sent" emails, etc. I've read on this site to delete the account and re-add it. I've done that several times. I've changed the password, I've tried everything I can think of. Also the account shows updated "Nov. 30, 2014" and despite deleting and re-adding the yahoo email account it never shows current, always Nov. 30th? I added a Yahoo App and I can access my Yahoo email via that, but I can't use it on the iphone as the default email. I've checked for the ios update, I am current, I've backed up the iphone on itunes. I've re-booted the iphone, simply put this iphone wont recognize this mail account. Other Yahoo emails continue to work fine on this same iphone, but not my primary email account. HELP!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 6:23 PM

7 replies

Dec 19, 2014 7:46 PM in response to Rammell Family

I have experienced the same problem as the original poster, with one strange addition. My wife's second Yahoo account is the account that is giving us trouble. No messages show in Inbox, Sent, etc. We've deleted and re-added the account many times and reset the iPhone 6. Nothing has worked. The strange thing is that I was able to add this particular account to MY iPhone 6. Why is this a problem with one iPhone and not the other? I'm not interested in restoring to a previous version and losing all the pictures, texts, etc. I just want an iPhone that works.

Mar 31, 2015 1:48 AM in response to Rammell Family

Try this fix.

-->>you'll need a computer to log in to you yahoo! mail.

-->>after logging in with you username and password (computer) on the top right you'll see "Hello (your name)" CLICK ON IT

-->>on the left panel you'll see "account security" CLICK ON IT

-->>check iF you have "Two-step verification " TURNED ON

HERE'S THE PART TO FIX:

if you switch it OFF you can set up your yahoo mail on apple device with no prob.

if you switch it ON yahoo will generate a ONE TIME PASSWORD for your device set up. (this adds additional security to your phone)

*I highly recommend you do the ON option

to set it ON:

-->> switch the ON for Two-step verification/

-->>have a nickname for your device ex "mike iphone5"

-->>click "generate password"

-->>a long password of random letters will pop (this password will be the password when you set up your email on your ios device)

*it is to be used one time only.

-->>go to your device set email as usual.. then for the password use the long password yahoo provided.

THAT'S IT! HOPE IT HELP!

!!!! DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE START I THIS HELPED YOU TO HELP OTHER USERS TOO.

iphone 6 plus wont allow yahoo email to work nor update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.