Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After IOS Update 8.1.1. What the heck can I do ?The touch screen is crazy,the websites in search aren't displayingnproperly literally every page or site I go to is messed,and the pages aren't loading correctly and load when I don't want them to just ,

iit's messed and this is disgusting,Send me help for my old IPad 2 ,after IOS 8.1.1. Update I need hands on help and no I'm not under warranty. I can't search properly,websites not displaying properly,none of them and touch screen terribly touchy and it is maddening.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 11:24 PM

Reset iPad to Factory Default (do not restore from backup)

Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings.

3 replies

Dec 10, 2014 11:27 PM in response to Dee12124

Hi Dee12124,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I am going to get you to do a soft reset that, I will hope fix some of your issues.

To do this:

1. Press and hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.

2. Continue holding both buttons until the iPhone shuts off and begins to restart. This will take anywhere from 10-20 seconds.

3. When you see the Apple Logo, you can let go of the buttons.

If this still doesn't fix your device, what we could do is try resetting the whole device, wiping it. If this is the case, get back to me and I will pose the steps below. I would recommend that you do this AFTER the device is backedup however.

Before you restore your device

1. Make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Use iTunes to back up your device. Transfer and sync any additional content to your computer.
  3. Turn off Find My iPhone in Settings > iCloud on your device to disable Activation Lock.

Restore your iOS device

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer using the cable that came with it.
  2. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. In the Summary panel, click Restore.User uploaded file
  3. Click Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings and delete all data and content. iTunes will download the iOS software file and restore your iOS device.User uploaded file
  4. After your iOS device is restored to factory settings, it will restart. Once it does, you’ll see the "Slide to set up” welcome screen. Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant. You can set up your device as new or using a previous backup. If your iOS device has cellular service, it will activate after you restore.User uploaded file

After IOS Update 8.1.1. What the heck can I do ?The touch screen is crazy,the websites in search aren't displayingnproperly literally every page or site I go to is messed,and the pages aren't loading correctly and load when I don't want them to just ,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.