Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laptop and iMacs (2) are not able to see each others libraries (Home Sharing Activated).

I have 3 Apple computers connected to my home network. I have a Macbook Air Running Mavericks, I new 27 inch iMac running Yosemite, and a 4 year old iMac running Yosemite.

The older iMac I use as a place to store my content. My music, movies, and pictures. When I purchase new music ( Yup, I still by CDs from time to time ) I rip them to the iMac than import the CD to my Macbook Air. So home sharing is on for both computers and both the laptop and the older iMac can see each others libraries.

I just purchased the new iMac recently and am finally getting around to getting my music moved onto it. So my intention was to turn on Home Sharing then import my music from the older iMac to the newer iMac. Here is where things get odd. I turned on the older iMac ( Home Sharing already turned on ). Then I went down stairs and turned on the new iMac and activated Home Sharing. Neither iMac was able to see each others library. So I turn on my Macbook Air and now the Macbook Air and the older iMac can see each others libraries but the new iMac can only see the Macbook Airs library and not the older iMacs library.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Eric

Apple Remote Desktop-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 6:02 PM

4 replies

Laptop and iMacs (2) are not able to see each others libraries (Home Sharing Activated).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.