Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is anyone else having problem with the keyboard lagging on iPhone 6 Plus?

I'm on iOS 8.1.2 and I'm having real problem with lag when using the stock iOS keyboard. The first few letter in a message (sms, for example) work fine, then nothing happens as I keep typing in letters and words. After a time, sometimes a second, sometimes 5 seconds the words and letters get typed out on the screen. This is REALLY annoying and time consuming!! I've had this problem ever since I updated to iOS 8.1. First on my iPhone 5 and now on my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air! I hoped that the new update/bug fix would mend thin, but it didn't. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? AND... will Apple fix this?

/Anikee

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2014 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2014 1:35 AM

I also have this, and there are many others with the same issue.

7 replies

Jan 6, 2015 4:28 AM in response to altero

I finally called Apple and they had me do a complete restore which of course took hours because I have so many apps and photographs on my iPad. This is the only way to get the keyboard lag to stop. The best way was to connect to iTunes store. Here is the link. It definitely fixed the problem on my iPad air 2. Now I have the same problem on my iPhone 6.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

It takes time but it did fix it as it reinstalls the hardware from scratch so no bugs are left.

Jan 26, 2015 8:33 AM in response to andsaito

I finally called Apple and they had me do a complete restore which of course took hours because I have so many apps and photographs on my iPad. This is the only way to get the keyboard lag to stop. The best way was to connect to iTunes store and backup your data there. You must do a complete restore in order to get a clean version of the hardware. It worked on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2. If you can't get it to work, call Apple. Trust me...it does work.

Here is the link.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

It takes time but it did fix it as it reinstalls the hardware from scratch so no bugs are left.

Apr 1, 2015 5:30 AM in response to andsaito

Exactly the same thing happens to me. Can't even type every word properly. I Called apple support, they are actually very hepful but unfortunately they haven't given me any actual working solution. Tried so many things including resetting, deleting icloud drive data, and disabling icloud for one app at a time. Turning off icloud drive is the only solution for now. I hope apple fixed this very very soon.

is anyone else having problem with the keyboard lagging on iPhone 6 Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.