Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant leave a group chat because android users are in it

i'm in a group chay with friends and a couple have androids. So that means its not iMessage. It wont let me leave the group chat, i dont even get the option, does anyone know how i can leave?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2014 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2017 8:08 AM

Right. So we will never be able to leave if there is a person with an android in the group? In this day and age there has to be some type of way to leave a group text that has android users in it. Muting it does not do any good when the messages still come in to my inbox.

Seriously need to look into an update. I forreal have been stuck in a group chat for over 3 years now. Andriod at least has Textra and you can block it. Iphone needs to look into this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2017 8:08 AM in response to MrAawin

Right. So we will never be able to leave if there is a person with an android in the group? In this day and age there has to be some type of way to leave a group text that has android users in it. Muting it does not do any good when the messages still come in to my inbox.

Seriously need to look into an update. I forreal have been stuck in a group chat for over 3 years now. Andriod at least has Textra and you can block it. Iphone needs to look into this.

Dec 13, 2014 2:02 PM in response to MrAawin

Hello MrAawin,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are in a group message with users that have other devices than iPhones. To leave a group message, the conversation needs to be in iMessage on iOS devices. Please use the following article for more information.

Send a group message with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Leave a group message

If the group message is using iMessage and has more than three participants, you can leave the conversation. Tap Details. Then tap Leave this Conversation.

Best regards,

Joe

Cant leave a group chat because android users are in it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.