Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do receive message but no sharing desktop

Message with yosimite is working well but, sharing desktop and look for contacts is impossible???

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 8:13 AM

11 replies

Dec 13, 2014 2:11 PM in response to petrovsky

Hi,

I am confused at reading this far into the Thread.

CMD+ 1 will not open Contacts in the Messages app.

It will be attributed to either a combined Buddy List or a Specific Buddy list if you separated them (See the Window Menu)

User uploaded file

The item that displays the Contacts does not have Keystroke option.

Screen Sharing in Yosemite can be done with the iChat type accounts for AIM and Jabber log ins and in the iMessages account to other Macs.

As Linc says you are not being clear as to which one was working but now is not and what the other account that is working is either.

It should be AIM to AIM or Jabber to Jabber or obviously iMessages to iMessages accounts. (there is not cross service connections).

User uploaded file

10:11 pm Saturday; December 13, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Dec 13, 2014 2:29 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

I Will try to explain.it is hard to explain in english my language is dutch.

IT is an iMessage account From my friend.

IF i look into my contacts i see the account name i used to contact HIM with.

he is loged in with that name but we are unable to share desktop.

We can however send massages.

and it is also used with succes on iPad and iPhone With that same account.

And you are write that cmd 1 wil open à buddy list, but in THE menu there is no cmd 1..

if i open message with my accoud on his mac all is going well.

Dec 13, 2014 2:45 PM in response to peterfromlelystad

HI,

You are using your iMessages account and you know his Apple ID which is in your Contacts app and this shows up correctly in the "To" spot.

After starting an iMessages conversation the Details Button on the left has the Screen Sharing icon which you seem to be saying is not working.

Google translate

U gebruikt uw iMessages-account en je weet dat zijn Apple ID die in uw contactpersonen app en dit toont correct in "aan" te spotten.
Na het starten van een iMessages gesprek op de knop Details aan de linkerzijde heeft de Screen Sharing pictogram dat je lijkt te willen zeggen werkt niet.

User uploaded file

The Window Menu uses the Cloverleaf type icon (⌘) instead of the CMD letters we use here.

You also seem to be saying that if you change the Apple ID used on his computer to your then it works, is that right ?

Het menu Venster maakt gebruik van het type pictogram Cloverleaf () in plaats van het CMD brieven die we hier gebruiken.
Je lijkt ook te zeggen dat als je verandert de Apple ID gebruikt op zijn computer om uw vervolgens het werkt, klopt dat?

It is late where I am and it will be several hours before I post again.

User uploaded file

10:45 pm Saturday; December 13, 2014

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Dec 15, 2014 11:54 AM in response to peterfromlelystad

Hi,

If you Enable the Bonjour Account does the CMD + 1 work ?

If this is not Enabled and you have no other Accounts in the Messages app there is no Buddy List to display when you use CMD+1

If your Apple ID does not work you will need to contact Apple Support.

You need to make it very clear it is an Account/Apple ID issue so that you do not get charged.

Als je Apple ID niet werkt, moet u contact opnemen met Apple Support.
Je moet het heel duidelijk het is een account / Apple ID nummer, zodat je niet opgeladen te maken.

Level 1 people will be script led and try to fit it into a Software or Hardware issue when it is an Account issue.

You don't get charged fro Account issues. You might need to ask for a Level 2 person.

Niveau 1 mensen zullen zijn script geleid en probeer het te passen in een software of hardware probleem wanneer het gaat om een account kwestie.
Je krijgt niet betalen voor Account kwesties. Mogelijk moet u vragen om een niveau van 2 personen.

User uploaded file

7:54 pm Monday; December 15, 2014

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

do receive message but no sharing desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.