Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

I recently purchased the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard for use with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running OSX Yosemite v10.10.1. I love the feel of the keyboard and would like to use it successfully for all of my business needs; however, the key mappings are far from perfect and I'm looking for a way to map F-keys, and certain key combinations to work more like a Windows machine.

I should mention I'm brand new to the iOS world for my business platform. While I've used iOS on my phone and tablet for years, a recent change in employment has brought me over to a full Mac shop for my "desktop" experience.

My reviews have suggested some modifications to the "DefaultKeyBinding.dict" file using TERMINAL... but I was hoping for a more elegant or graphically-friendly solution. I also tried to download a driver pack from www.microsoft.com but my machine stated that it couldn't' be installed because it wasn't downloaded form the Apple App Store.

I hope someone in this community can point me in the right direction.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 8:22 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 10:57 AM in response to WyvernSting

I think the "couldn't' be installed because it wasn't downloaded form the Apple App Store" is something you can alter in the security settings. Go to system preferences, then security and privacy, and on the first tab you should see options about allowing downloaded software. I hope this helps you use the software that you have already.

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.