Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I AirPrint to a dell C1765nfw printer?

I Am trying to airprint from my mini iPad and iPhone 4s to a dell C1765nfw that is connected to my home wifi. I am able to wireless print from a dell laptop but not my apple devices?? AirPrint doesn't find any printers????

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 10:21 AM

The Dell printer does not appear on the list of AirPrint compatible devices, so printing from an iPhone, iPad, etc will not work with your printer as things stand now. Check here to confirm:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

However, if you have a Mac on the network, an app like Printopia might allow the iOS devices to print to your printer. There is a free trial, so you will know if things work before you buy. More details here:

Printopia - Ecamm Network

There are other Apps available on the Mac App Store that also perform similar functions, but I have not used them, so cannot comment on them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2014 10:21 AM in response to Tunabob

The Dell printer does not appear on the list of AirPrint compatible devices, so printing from an iPhone, iPad, etc will not work with your printer as things stand now. Check here to confirm:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

However, if you have a Mac on the network, an app like Printopia might allow the iOS devices to print to your printer. There is a free trial, so you will know if things work before you buy. More details here:

Printopia - Ecamm Network

There are other Apps available on the Mac App Store that also perform similar functions, but I have not used them, so cannot comment on them.

Can I AirPrint to a dell C1765nfw printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.