Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to add a handwritten signature

Hi,

Can someone remind me how to add a handwritten signature in an e-mail or document. I have seen someone writing in pages a letter, send it as pdf to mail and then added a handwritten signature. Unfortunately I forgot how it works (one way to do was doing the signature on a paper and then the imac camera scanned it to the mail).

iMac 1,8 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 10:15 AM

15 replies

Apr 2, 2017 5:18 AM in response to makh

Hi

First send a handwritten signature in email to yourself, or write and save one in notes etc. Bring up a preview of the handwritten signature.

Go to mail preferences, signatures, try "all signatures" but if it doesn't like this( one of your email accounts might not play ball), try individual accounts.

Add signature with the plus symbol, rename your signature and then in the far right box double finger click the box.

This reveals various options. The bottom one of these is "capture selection from screen" it brings up a red box you can drag to the size you want. Make sure your signature you sent to yourself (or prepared earlier) is the size you want then capture the signature.

It will ping instantly into your signature box. If you then come out and try creating an email on a an address you have set the signature for it will Beñat the bottom of he mail already.

Hope this helps

Adam

Apr 2, 2017 7:28 AM in response to AdBlox82

AdBlox82 wrote:

I won't be drawn into a trolling I was just trying to be helpful soul. For those that want to read it the solution to the problem is there. I won't be lectured about mistypes and spelling, especially on someone well versed in "Rithmatic"

If you feel you must, for some reason, dredge up a thread that's been dormant for two years, it helps if your post is understandable. What, for example, does "Benat" mean? Use of standard punctuation and proof reading help make posts readable by the International membership here.

May 5, 2015 12:19 PM in response to makh

1. Create your signature on a piece of paper then use 'Photobooth' to take a picture of it

2. Click and drag the picture you just created in 'Photobooth' to the desktop.

3. Open Apple Mail/Preferences and click on the 'Signatures' menu item.

4. In the ensuing window, click on the '+' button indicated by the red circle to create a new signature.

User uploaded file

5. Drag the picture from the desktop into the rightmost panel where you see my Apple and the text 'Dammit anyway' Add any other text you may want and place either above or below your cursive signature.

You may need to size down or up the signature you created with 'Photobooth' but other than that the process is simple...

6. When you have it the way you want it, give it a name (in the center column outlined in blue, just type label over it.

7. Drag the label you just typed into the 'Left most column' accounts that you want it accessable by.

8. Quit mail, relaunch and creat a new email and you should be able to select the signature you want to use.

User uploaded file

Should be done now... same process to add any graphic to a new signature... I have more than a few.

Jul 29, 2015 7:27 PM in response to makh

You can do this using Preview. I can't give you the exact steps but you can google it. I was able to sign my pdf doc with my finger on the trackpad. Not very elegant but had I kept practing, I would probably sign as well. I tried using a stylus but it didn't work. Very convenient! 🙂

http://9to5mac.com/2014/02/15/how-to-use-preview-to-put-signatures-on-pdfs-pages -documents-and-mail-messages/

how to add a handwritten signature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.