Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos from iPhone 6 appear in PNG format instead of JPG. How can that be changed?

My photos from iPhone 6 appear in PNG format instead of JPG. How can that be changed?

iPhone 6, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 11:30 AM

Appear where? What exactly are you doing?

8 replies

Dec 12, 2014 12:31 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Here is more complete info.

iPhone 6, Windows 7, Firefox or Chrome browsers.

When I plug the phone into the computer using the usb cable, the menu that used to appear, where I could open and drag the photos to a folder on the PC, no longer appears. When I plug the phone in, iTunes opens, but I shut it down as usual and wait for the menu to appear where I can open and see my photos, and nothing happens at all. When I look in My Computer, I do not see the device. At that point, I went to iCloud, as it was my only option, and the photos are in PNG format, which is tiny.

I don't understand about the browser.

Dec 12, 2014 12:52 PM in response to sherri0

When using iCloud to download them, you are going through the wrong procedure. That PNG file you are downloading is just the thumb nail. Open the image in the browser, then look to the menu at the top. you will see an icon that looks like a cloud with a downward pointing arrow. Click that to download the image.

User uploaded file

Syncing with Windows I can't help you with. I don't directly sync my iOS devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.