Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Update to iCloud for Windows 4.0.2

I got an update via the Apple Software Update application. It says iCloud for Windows 4.0.2 is ready to be downloaded and installed. So when I go to click on Install is downloads, but then when it gets to the installing part it says "Errors occurred while installing the updates. If the problem persists choose Tools> Download Only and try installing manually"

So after I do Tools> Download Only I get a folder with a .exe file to open and run. After I open it, it goes through all the normal things and agreements, starts downloading, nut once it starts installing I get a message saying "The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The error code is 2343".

What is wrong? Is it me?

HP Windows PC-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 2:17 PM

24 replies

Dec 14, 2014 2:42 PM in response to filupskid

I'm having exactly the same issue with updating to 'iCloud for Windows 4.0.2' on my Windows 7 pc. My iTunes and QuickTime Player have no problems updating. And previous iCloud updates worked smoothly as well. And I've also repeated your exact actions...to no avail. I've checked my software and everything is apparently normal. So I just don't know...?

If I ever find an answer I will post it here!

Dec 16, 2014 2:19 PM in response to filupskid

time consuming but works. first go into programs arrange in alphabetical order and remove everything by apple. next step is you have to go into your c drive and program files and then common files. again remove anything apple. then do a search in the bottom right search program and files. type in aplle till you right click and delete any apple name that comes up. the same goes with icloud. eventually you need to find the file that brings up the icloud start box that doesn't delete. when you find it in the c drive delete it reboot your computer then google search icloud for windows and use the apple one only download and your done.i also took out iTunes at the deleting process and put it back last. works perfect running 4.0.6.28 now. took about 20 minutes of everything. that failed has been bothering me for months, it has to be incompatible to something in the 3.0 icloud program folders in the c drives . it only downloaded and accepted when every trace of apple was deleted off my sony vaio computer running 64bit windows 7.when I only deleted out of the programs in the control center it wouldn't load

Jan 15, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Tangent40

I have the same issue on a Windows 7 64-bit install with Office 2013. I have uninstalled iCloud alone, and all Apple software also, with registry cleaning in between, and no luck. When I get into the control panel, since the software does start, and want to apply using the connection to Outlook I get an error that looks like this in an email to the Apple Support/Dev group:

iCloud for Windows did not install properly. To repair it, you need to go to Programs and Features, select iCloud from the program list and click Change. When prompted, click on Repair. <a href="repair">Open Programs and Features…</a>

Error: 0x80070005: DataProviderRegistered

Error: 0x80070005: ZebraMapiCopySession::CanCreateZebraStore: CreateMessageService failed

AppleOutlookDAVConfig version: 4.8.12.0

Windows version (6.1.7601): Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit Local app data directory test: Pass Temp directory test: Pass Account GUID: A28EE36D-759F-4AE0-BCAE-062324F39AFC

Cache Size: <Not found>

Outlook version: 15 (15.0.4667.1000), x64 Outlook location (installed): C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE MAPI location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033\MSMAPI32.DLL

MAPI logon succeeded

Message Stores Table:

Outlook Data File, 4E495441F9BFB80100AA0037D96E0000

etc...

I am at a loss!

The old 3.1 version had been giving me issues with hanging as an Outlook add-in, so I had decided to remove it as described in several threads and replace it with the 4.0.2.68 version, but this is absolutely frustrating since it will not work correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Jan 15, 2015 10:08 AM in response to wbarfoot

forget the auto update , look at my previous post. When I cleared out every spec of dust of apple in my programs and multiple files in c drive it downloaded a newer version then the one we were all trying to install. If you cant get it to work you failed to remove everything apple or icloud in your computer it's that simple. It is hard and time consuming to find all the micro files to delete. When you delete 100% you will exhale and say finally and your file number will be higher than the one you were trying to install. It's a sad joke they can't send an update that removes the old automatically. that tells me the programmer of the update is totally incompetent and getting paid anyway. Poor supervision on apples part no ifs and or buts

Jan 15, 2015 12:45 PM in response to T6AZT6AZ

I am not using the updater, but rather a version downloaded from Apple. v4.0.2.68

I just went through the painful exercise again and uninstalled all Apple software and then manually cleaned the directories and registry. did 2 reboots to be sure all is clean. Then downloaded the newest version from Apple, and have exactly the same error.

There was no remnant of any Apple software on my PC ... and still the exact same result

Jan 22, 2015 8:56 PM in response to filupskid

1191 Views of this thread, and yet not ONE SINGLE REPLY from an Apple "Genius".... (smh!) Unbelievable & sad. TMARICOPA6 has been more helpful than any Apple geniuses, apparently. I've been trying to do this update for well over a month now but to no avail. I guess I will try the tedious delete-everything-Apple/iCloud headache. As much money as that company makes off of us, you'd think a fix would've been out there by now.

😠 C'mon Apple!!! 😠

Jan 23, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Brandiewine

Hi All

as first, now I don't have a solution for it. I tried to reinstall of iCloud.exe but no effect.

I have the same problem here. My set up is: Win 7 last update with Outlook 2010 and iCloud 4.0.2, iPhone 5 iOS 7 full update.

In outlook I'm using exchange account and gmail (imap setup) + iCloud (to be sync with my iPhone).

Few weeks ago I realize that synchronization between Outlook and iCloud stopped and it is not working 😟.

I'm not sure by this but I think that this problem could be problem of Windows, Not apple 😟

I found out that If I create totally new windows account (new user). Open outlook and add my gmail + exchange account + iCloud account (so new set up) everything is working correctly and without any problem!

Next what I found out is that If I create new profile in Outlook and I create all my account for that new outlook profile it is not working!

Next what I found out is that if I add different iCloud account is my current outlook profile on my current windows user account (I mean iCloud account I never used before on my Win 7 PC) it is not working anyway 😟

In my case this problem is not connected to iCloud and Outlook generally, I can see problem only if i set up iCloud with my current window user account.

Another issue is:

If I sign out iCloud from my PC and confirm delete data from my PC.

After that I add the same iCloud to the PC again.

In Outlook I can see that there is no calendar in iCloud group.

All my iCloud calendars are part of main calendar group created by main account in Outlook.

Next problem is that I don't have any special panel with synchronizing icon in outlook/calendar anymore. (I used to have it before that problem in Outlook.

BUT, If I create new windows user account and add my current iCloud account I can see that panel as a last one in Tool bar by clicking calendar icon in outlook.

It means that problematic file has to be somewhere in C:/users/name/appdata/

Jan 24, 2015 11:50 AM in response to filupskid

This discussion gives very good tips. I have been trying to install ICloud 4 over version 3 and it did not work. The uninstaller is a piece of Junk to say the least. It is leaving way too much stuff after uninstalling. Why do we have to manually uninstall and risking messing the machine ?

After doing all the advices, like totally uninstalling everything related to Apple including some folders, the icon was still in the control panel. I deleted the Apple folder in appdata, but that was not enough. Finally, I use the Registry Editor to search for ICloud and deleted two entries. Then the *&_))&& Icloud control panel was finally gone. It was not leaving to anything but it was in the Control Panel and it was annoying.

Previously, I had tried TWICE to install ICloud 4 and twice I had to use Norton Ghost to go back to a previous image of my HD. This morning, after reading lots of advices on the internet, I was able to be successful.

But ICloud messed my Outlook contacts and calendar. Do an export of your contacts before doing that installation. I was able to reimport my personal contacts that ICloud deleted after doing a merge. since I am on Linked-In, those contacts are availabe in Outlook.

Jan 24, 2015 1:23 PM in response to bergloui

Hi All

I'm happy to introduce my solution to you. It is working very well to my ... finally everything working correctly in My pc and iPhone as well 😀

JUP ... 🙂

At the beginning I tried to change registry but after that I confirm that it is working without changing registry ...

It is paradox, because it seems that my "main problem" is missing iCloud toolbar in Outlook 2010.

I found out that missing of that toolbar means that iCloud add-ons for outlook is stopped and this is the main problem why synch between outlook and iCloud doest'n work...

TRY THIS 10 STEP:

1) If you don't have set up iCloud in you Outlook now, please do that (open iCloud.exe in start and login into iCloud as usually) you need to have active iCloud account set up in outlook...

2) open outlook and you can see that there is no toolbar for iCloud...

3) go to file then option or properties (sorry I have only slovak version of outlook installed 🙂)

4) clic to add-ons (penultimate item on left side toolbar)

5) down you can find not allowed add ons and there is iCloud Outlook add ons between not allowed items

6) select it by one clicking and down you can see item "manage" - by clicking to narrow choose offline items (not sure by name again cos slovak version... but there is only two item so choose second one)

7) click to run

8) there will be pop window and you need to choose iCloud add ons by one clicking and confirm by clicking to allow

9) restart outlook

10) DONE 🙂 everything is working ... 🙂

It seems to be not problem of apple 🙂

take care

Rado

Can't Update to iCloud for Windows 4.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.