Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I've updated my iPad mini wifi + 3 G, I am loosing all internet connection

HHave iPad mini 3G, since updated to iOS 7.1.1, I have no internet connection further than 150 kms from my house in GOA. it used to be working non stop from GOA to Kerala before this update. What to do to be able to have internet all over India ? The whole point of having 3G !.. Please

<Edited By Host>

iPad Mini, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2014 11:03 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2014 1:07 PM in response to zizicool

Hey there zizicool,

If you are still unable to use the iPads cellular data when traveling, I would recommend the troubleshooting information in the following article named:

Get help with the cellular data connection on your iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular Model)

1. Tap Settings and make sure that Cellular Data is turned on. Turn Cellular Data off, then back on again.
  2. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center. Tap the airplane icon to turn airplane mode on. Wait three seconds, then turn it off.
  3. Restart your iPad.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update.
  5. Update your iPad with the latest version of iOS.
  6. Remove the SIM card, then insert it again.
  7. If your SIM card uses a SIM PIN, tap Settings > Cellular Data and turn SIM PIN off.
  8. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  9. If you have another SIM card with a valid cellular data account, remove the SIM card from your iPad and insert the other SIM card. If the cellular data connection works with the other SIM card, contact your carrier to report the issue.
  10. Try another location. If the cellular data connection works in another area but not in the first location you tried, contact your carrier to report the issue.
  11. Restore your iPad as new.

If you still can't connect to or use a cellular data network, contact your carrier, make a reservation at a Genius Bar, or contact AppleCare for more help.

Learn more

You might be able to set up or make changes to your cellular account by tapping Settings > Cellular > View Account. To set up your cellular data service for the first time, you might need to use the latest version of iOS and connect to Wi-Fi.

If you're traveling internationally, learn about using cellular data in other countries. Check with your carrier before you travel to make sure that you understand the cost of international data roaming. Tap Settings > Cellular to turn Data Roaming on or off.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Since I've updated my iPad mini wifi + 3 G, I am loosing all internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.