Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 ios 7 and imac os x yosemite

i have iphone 4 with ios 7.1.2 and my imac os x yosemite my itunes ver 12.0.1

i can charge my phone but i can't see it in itunes or iphoto

before i upgrade my imac everything was okay but after the upgrading i can't see it

pls help

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2014 10:13 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2014 7:09 AM in response to R t khal-di

Hi there!

It sounds to me like your phone is getting plenty of power but for some reason the system isnt seeing it in your applications that can access it. That can be a bit disconcerting, so I would like to recommend the following article to help you get that fixed, named:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. If you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before, unlock the device and tap Trust. Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. Install software updates on your Mac.
    If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.
  6. Check USB connections. iOS devices need USB 2.0 to work properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, check the computer's specifications.
  7. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  8. Try another USB cable.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Jan 5, 2015 9:20 AM in response to R t khal-di

I'm having the same problem since upgrading to Yosemite with both my iPhone 4s (ios8) and my iPad 2 (ios7). Connecting either device causes the "trust this device" prompt on the device. Clicking "trust" does not help, as iTunes throws a "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone (or iPad). This device is no longer connected dialog and will not recognize the device.

The only thing that solves this for me is rebooting my computer. After a reboot my devices connect and sync just fine but eventually the problem starts again.

To clarify - I've been using both devices with this computer previously with no issues. It's a relatively new problem (for me) so I am thinking it's probably an issue that's been caused by a recent iTunes update rather than Yosemite itself.

iphone 4 ios 7 and imac os x yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.