Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted or cancelled "App of the Day 100% Free" App

Where did the "App of the Day 100% Free App" go? My old man's is corrupted and he needs to re-download it but it has disappeared.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Dec 13, 2014 5:19 PM

14 replies

Dec 13, 2014 7:34 PM in response to gail from maine

Thank you Gail, I know it is not in the App Store. That is why I am asking for help. It was. I downloaded it and so did my Spouse. Now his is corrupted and we can't find it anywhere except for Android. No mention of it anywhere online from Apple. Maybe it went the same place as Bump???

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appturbo.appturboCA

Dec 14, 2014 8:01 AM in response to paicanuck

Yeah, if it was available in the past, and now no longer is, then your only option is to restore it from a backup, which does not really sound like it would be feasible for you. There probably is a good reason why it is no longer available, so sounds like it might be best to just delete it entirely.

If you go to the iTunes Store (on your Computer) or go to the App Store on your device, there is a "Free App of the Week" selection on the "Featured" screen:

User uploaded file

Maybe that's what you are looking for? No app needed! 🙂

Cheers,

GB

Sep 17, 2015 9:01 AM in response to paicanuck

I have the app (on iPhone) and mine still works.

Recently it started giving a popup each time I open it asking me to subscribe to a daily newsletter.

I had difficulty finding it on the app store and cannot find it now, so maybe that explains the popup?

App Of The Day 100% Free is made by appturbo.com.

Check their website and choose your device and country:

http://app-of-the-day-iphone.appturbo.com/ca

Sep 17, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Gkevin T2

I would not recommend downloading 3rd party apps from anywhere but the iTunes & App Store, or, in rare cases, very high-profile providers like Google, Adobe, etc. Especially since you are now having issues with popups, and the previous posters were having issues with it closing unexpectedly. All are signs of an app that would be better to not have on your iPhone.

Cheers,

GB

Aug 9, 2016 8:40 PM in response to paicanuck

Hello paicanuck

Did you obtain an answer for this question on, Where did the "App Of The Day go"?

All your dad need to do to redownload the app is go to the App Store and then go to your purchased apps page on your device, then click on the arrow opposite the word purchased. That will take you to your Updates page. The only thing that you need to do is scroll down till you see the app "App Of The Day" click on the icould symbol and your App will reappear on your screen. paicanuck any app you have deleted from your screen you can and you decided you would like that app again, just follow the above steps to reinstall the app.

I hope that answer your question.

Deleted or cancelled "App of the Day 100% Free" App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.