Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Google Chrome

I'm trying to install Google Chrome. It says that I need Mac OS X 10.6 or later. I have Mac OS X 10.6.8, but all I get is a box that reads, "You can't open the application Google Chrome because it is not supported on this type of Mac." I also read somewhere else that it had to be an Intel processor, but my computer is. I'm not sure what the problem is or what else to do.

iMac (20-inch Early 2006), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 14, 2014 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2014 4:51 AM

The reason Chrome wont install is because your machine has a 32-bit Intel processor, the newest version of Chrome (which is 39) requires a 64-bit processor.

See here for more info: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/4660488?hl=en

Perhaps you may want to try an alternate browser.

Good Luck!

7 replies

Dec 14, 2014 11:31 PM in response to SeaPapp

I have both those browsers. I had read though that you could use a feature called hola, that is part of Google Chrome, to view foreign websites. It said that you could use it to watch things on Netflix that were only available in other countries. Honestly, I wanted to try to use it to watch Forbrydelsen, a Danish show, that I heard was available online on Netflix UK with english subtitles. Otherwise I wouldn't care about Google Chrome.

Can't install Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.