Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print iTunes App purchase history

For tax purposes I need to print my iTunes App history. This can be viewed only as a series of small windows - I could make a snapshot of each one. Is there a more user friendly print version available as a complete list of purchases?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Dec 14, 2014 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2015 7:42 AM

The process of searching iTunes Store purchase history is REALLY awkward. It seems designed to discourage customer inquiry or use.

See below a brief list of steps (seriously) I just worked through in order to save my 2014 iTunes Store purchase history:

1. Log into iTunes Store account
  2. Navigate to Purchase History
  3. Press Command-Shift-4 and select a screen capture of the list showing a few recent purchases
  4. Click Previous or Next button (To see earlier purchases click Next, click Previous button to see later purchases. Really.)
  5. Press Command-Shift-4 and select a screen capture of the resulting list
  6. Repeat (8 times) until desired lists have been captured as screen shots (or until you walk away in disgust)
  7. Then open all .png screen capture image files in Preview
  8. Export all image files to .pdf
  9. Open newly exported .pdfs
  10. Combine .pdfs into one file (see Preview Help for this)
  11. Click and drag .pdfs into a coherent order (suggest chronological order, but coherence is optional)
  12. Save As... your combined .pdf to a location of your choosing (printing optional)
  13. Log out of iTunes Store

I hope this was helpful for everyone. Have a swell day 😕

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2015 7:42 AM in response to iancreative

The process of searching iTunes Store purchase history is REALLY awkward. It seems designed to discourage customer inquiry or use.

See below a brief list of steps (seriously) I just worked through in order to save my 2014 iTunes Store purchase history:

1. Log into iTunes Store account
  2. Navigate to Purchase History
  3. Press Command-Shift-4 and select a screen capture of the list showing a few recent purchases
  4. Click Previous or Next button (To see earlier purchases click Next, click Previous button to see later purchases. Really.)
  5. Press Command-Shift-4 and select a screen capture of the resulting list
  6. Repeat (8 times) until desired lists have been captured as screen shots (or until you walk away in disgust)
  7. Then open all .png screen capture image files in Preview
  8. Export all image files to .pdf
  9. Open newly exported .pdfs
  10. Combine .pdfs into one file (see Preview Help for this)
  11. Click and drag .pdfs into a coherent order (suggest chronological order, but coherence is optional)
  12. Save As... your combined .pdf to a location of your choosing (printing optional)
  13. Log out of iTunes Store

I hope this was helpful for everyone. Have a swell day 😕

Print iTunes App purchase history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.