Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari will not load the home page when I open it. It defaults to last open window. I set preferences to go to home page but Safari decides otherwise.

Mac Mini - Yosemite 10.10.1 The home page in 'Safari Preferences > General > Home Page' will not load when I start the computer (automatic log-in). Safari is ticked to open at log-in. It opens with the last previous web page displayed prior to shutting down the computer.

I have looked in 'System Preferences' > General but did not find anything relevant. Ditto 'Security' and 'Privacy'

Mac mini (Late 2014)

Posted on Dec 14, 2014 8:00 AM

13 replies

Dec 14, 2014 9:53 AM in response to den.thed

I have already done that. BTW my General Page in Safari Preferences is different to yours. I have changed OPEN NEW TABS from Homepage to Empty Page.

Restarted computer. Safari has loaded but is not displayed. Finder banner is displayed on Desktop Display image.

There is a dot under Safari in the Dock. Clicked on Safari in Dock and Favourites are displayed.

Safari will not load the home page when I open it. It defaults to last open window. I set preferences to go to home page but Safari decides otherwise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.