Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot redeem a code from Barclaycard

Anyone else have issues with "code not valid" when trying to redeem online generated codes from their credit card rewards scheme?

Posted on Dec 14, 2014 2:01 PM

11 replies

Dec 16, 2014 7:50 AM in response to ReegyRocco

Hi ReegyRocco,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact source or format of the codes in question. In addition to any support Barclaycard may offer for their rewards program, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Redeeming iTunes Gift Cards and content codes - Apple Support

If you can't redeem your iTunes Gift Card or code - Apple Support

Cheers,

- Brenden

Dec 20, 2014 12:34 PM in response to brenden dv

Brenden.

What I mean is, with my credit card, I am allowed to build up points for every pound (£) I spend. I had accrued enough that I could have a £10 iTunes e-voucher. However, once I had paid, and the voucher was sent, the code was invalid. And when I go through the Apple "help" process, it asks for the code, and a voucher / card number, which I have never physically received.

Dec 26, 2014 7:15 AM in response to ReegyRocco

I got Apple Gift cards from the Barclaycard points reward.

If I check the Gift card online with Apple and it shows a value of $25.00 each.

Anytime I try to redeem the card, it fails with invalid code.

I submit a ticket with Apple on this issue. They sent back a note with instructions on how to redeem the card.

One thing I notice, is the comment: Enter the 16-digit activation code beginning with "X"

All the gift cards that were issued to me start with the letter Y not X.

After calling someone online, I found out that this type of gift card can only be used when buying an item from the Apple Store. The app and iTunes store doesn't seem to fall into this area of "Apple Gift Card". I just assumed gift card meant anything, but it doesn't.

http://www.apple.com/gift-cards/

From my ticket with Apple - This only works if your pin starts with X

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

I would like to inform you that If you already have an iTunes Store account, please follow these instructions to redeem your iTunes Gift Card.

1) Make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes. It can be downloaded free of charge from the Apple website at:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download

Note: Installing the latest version of iTunes will not affect your library or any items in your account that you haven't downloaded.

2) Click this link to launch iTunes and be taken to the Gift Card redemption page:

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/redeemLandingPage

3) Enter the 16-digit activation code beginning with "X" and click the Redeem button.

4) To complete this process, click Redeem Prepaid Card.

Once your Gift Card is successfully redeemed, your store credit will appear next to your account name. Each time you make a purchase, funds will be deducted from the credit until the credit is used up. If you run over the credit amount, iTunes will ask you to enter a credit card number. You do not need to redeem your Gift Card again when you want to make another purchase.

Alternatively, if you have not yet set up an iTunes Store account, follow these steps to redeem your iTunes Gift Card:

1) Download and install the latest version of iTunes. You can download the latest version free-of-charge from the Apple website at:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download

2) Open iTunes.

3) To ensure you are signed out of the iTunes Store, from the Store menu, choose "Sign Out" if it is present. If you see "Sign In" as an option instead, continue to the next step.

4) Click this link to launch iTunes and be taken to the Gift Card redemption page:

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/prepaidWizard

5) Enter the 16-digit activation code beginning with "X" and click the Redeem button.

Feb 29, 2016 10:57 AM in response to JBAustin

Thank you for the update, obviously Apple has no clue and Barclays is indigenous regarding their 'point' system. The paperwork accompanying the Barclays card specifically states it would work on the iTunes store, App store, or Apple store. This obviously is a lie. Goodbye Barclays and wake-up Apple, you guys are making entirely too many mistakes as of late.

Feb 29, 2016 11:05 AM in response to movingtoandroid

These are user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

If I'm looking at the correct page on Barclays site then it says that you have a choice of whether to receive an Apple gift card or an iTunes gift card, the default being an Apple card - Apple gift cards can only be used in Apple's store (including their online store), not with the iTunes store (and vice versa). You chose to receive an Apple store gift card, not an iTunes gift card ?

I cannot redeem a code from Barclaycard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.