Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight in Yosemite does not display the hierarchy of a search ?

Spotlight in Yosemite does not show the position in Finder of a search word

It displays a list of files where the search string is in the name of the file, not in the file itself ?

The Show in Finder command will show a list which is different. I don't understand why they should be different.

It is confusing, so I use an app named Alfred which is much easier to use.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Hides in Stockholm.

Posted on Dec 14, 2014 3:16 PM

10 replies

Dec 20, 2014 3:29 PM in response to Bomiboll

Nobody has been able to find a solution ? it is on the web, folks !

I found it all by myself

I'm perplexed at your constant bad attitude. You act as if this wasn't your job to find it yourself. Everyone here is a volunteer, someone who uses Apple products. Nothing more. Did you expect that posting here required us to provide the solution?

Two reasons why no one likely jumped in;

1. No one knew a solution. No one who saw your post had anything to offer as it was out of their realm of experience.

2. Your bad attitude and personal attacks on the other users here. No one wants to help you. Folks only jump in when your posts are bad information to others or you start treating someone else badly.

Apr 29, 2015 11:36 AM in response to Bomiboll

Number of Points and number of Responses are two different things. He may have posted more than 41,545 comments to get those 41,545 points that qualify him as a Level 8 user, or he may have posted less. He got 5 points for every Helpful post and 10 points for every post that Solved a users issue.

The reason Csound1 rapidly knows that you've posted is because he is following you. What is more interesting, is that an Apple Support Communities Host is also following you!

Spotlight in Yosemite does not display the hierarchy of a search ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.