Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download the software because of a network problem

I have 2013 MacBook Pro 13" Retina. When I started to download windows support software from apple, then I got this message: Can't download the software because of a network problem. I would like to install Win 7_64 bit.

I dont have any connections problem and my network is going well. How can I get over this issue?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 14, 2014 7:34 PM

12 replies

Dec 16, 2014 7:33 PM in response to qirke

qirke wrote:

I have win 7_64.iso on my disk and i have no clue how to insert my win 7 and where on my 2013 mbp retina?

Assuming the .iso is file somewhere on your Mac, if you go double-click on it, it automatically mounts the .iso disk image and should show files in a new Finder window.

User uploaded file

On this screen, just check the 'Download the latest Windows software...' and click on Continue. You will need a USB, which BCA will erase. It will do two steps. Copy the software to your USB, and save a copy on your Mac. Once it completes, check both 'Create a Windows..." and 'Install Windows...', and it should ask you for the location of the .iso file, and use the saved copy of the drivers software.

Please also see https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/mac/5.0/help/.

Dec 17, 2014 9:53 AM in response to Loner T

I mounted .iso file, but BCA doesnt allow me to continue.

1. i downloaded Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 manually as you recommended me.

2. i cant create a bootable win 7_64 on my usb key, when i cant download support software automatically, because network issue.

3. i cant install win 7 (screenshot above), because os x 10.10 doesnt recognize mounted .iso file win 7_64

Dec 17, 2014 10:35 AM in response to qirke

qirke wrote:

I mounted .iso file, but BCA doesnt allow me to continue.

1. i downloaded Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 manually as you recommended me.

Was it downloaded using BCA and the second checkbox via a browser? Please see http://imgur.com/a/S0Lsi#0

Downloading via browser will not save a copy in /Library/Application\ Support/Bootcamp directory. If you use Safari, it will unzip the .zip file. If you use Firefox, it will let you save it as a .zip file. You can try putting this file the directory mentioned (normally it expects a .dmg) and then run BCA a second time and check all three boxes.

3. i cant install win 7 (screenshot above), because os x 10.10 doesnt recognize mounted .iso file win 7_64

If either method is successful for downloading the support software, BCA should also prompt you for the location of W7/W8 ISO, before it tries to partition your disk.

Can't download the software because of a network problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.